Tonneau Cover For Gx470 With Rear Seats

beomaster

• 3 weeks later...

Lexus does not offer the option with the third row seat....please help me on this issue as well....

Have any of you ever seen a GX without the third seat option? Every one I have seen at my dealers over the last year and a half, has had the third row.

• 3 weeks later...

06 Tonneau Cover for GX470

I was told by the dealer today that I can replace the side panels in the rear (about $480) which will accomodate the hardware for the cover itself (about $850). This is insane! I didn't want the rear seats for starters but the dealer told me that he has NEVER seen a GX without the rear seats come in. So forced to buy the seats through the package which will sit in my garage for as long as I have the car. I can't believe that any SUV wouldn't have a way to cover up packages in the back - much less a luxury SUV from Lexus! I'm upset having spent a couple grand on the seats I didn't want - the Tonneau is excluded from the car. I am going to complain to Lexus corporate. This is really crazy. I think the only alternative is dark window tint and a sheet! Isn't spending close $1400 plus labor insane for a shade that covers the cargo area?

Anyone see of anything after market? I can't find a thing!

Edited by LA MARK

Lexus does not offer the option with the third row seat....please help me on this issue as well....

Have any of you ever seen a GX without the third seat option? Every one I have seen at my dealers over the last year and a half, has had the third row.

hey. over here!! I do!!! ;) :cheers:

Edited by denslexusgx470

06 Tonneau Cover for GX470

I was told by the dealer today that I can replace the side panels in the rear (about $480) which will accomodate the hardware for the cover itself (about $850). This is insane! I didn't want the rear seats for starters but the dealer told me that he has NEVER seen a GX without the rear seats come in. So forced to buy the seats through the package which will sit in my garage for as long as I have the car. I can't believe that any SUV wouldn't have a way to cover up packages in the back - much less a luxury SUV from Lexus! I'm upset having spent a couple grand on the seats I didn't want - the Tonneau is excluded from the car. I am going to complain to Lexus corporate. This is really crazy. I think the only alternative is dark window tint and a sheet! Isn't spending close $1400 plus labor insane for a shade that covers the cargo area?

Anyone see of anything after market? I can't find a thing!

La Mark, your salesperson is told you a white lie... :( He's is probably right in the fact that he hasn't seen a GX470 without the rear seats but they CAN be ordered! Dealers need to order vehicles in bulk and most of the Northeast dealers have PRE-ORDERED a LOT of GX with the 3rd row option, so it would be very RARE to find a pre-ordered unit without the 3rd row seating.

To wit, you would have had to "SPECIAL" order a vehicle directly from JAPAN for a vehicle withou the 3rd ROW seating. If you had pressed the issue with the dealer to ORDER the vehicle without the 3rd row seating he would have eventually accomodated you but would have cut his "commission and sales clout down in front of his peers and possibly manager.

You might get a sympathetic ear with Corporate Lexus and explain to them how much you LOVE the GX and explain to them what a GLOWING review you were going to fill out in the survey form but due to the unbending/heartless nature of the dealership in making things right and them FORCING you to buy something you didn't want/need, you might need to change your "glowing' review/survey... whew...

Good Luck!

-Alex