Upper Strut Mount

lenore

Well, the weather is cold and my !@#$^ left upper strut mount is making noise again. Just replace it 12-2004, it is already moving in the metal case. It has a lifetime warranty, but I will have to perform the labor. Replace both mounts and shock struts just last year. What a bummer. Why can't anybody make a strut mount that lasts.

Hey SK what is pb blaster, and where exactly are you lubing? Ok I found PB blaster on the net, but what are you spraying, and does it breakdown the rubber bushing if you spray it?

PB Blaster is an aerosol rust penetrant type product with various petroleum solvents and ditillates that are harmful to rubber. Antisqueek products that are safe to use on rubber include silicone sprays, silicone greases (like Sylglide available in NAPA stores), and rubber lubricants.

well just finished changing the left front shock upper mount from NAPA. Was free since I just changed them a year ago with the shocks, noise is gone I guess I am getting pretty good at it, did it all in less than two hours.

I lubed the bearing that goes between the mount and the shock tower support. by the way I had lubed that bearing before. I guess the Napa mount is just not a good quality, I have not seen the redesign on the Lexus Part.