Welcome Me To The Ls Club

EastWind

I just bought a 1991 LS 400 with 163k miles yesterday for $2500.

Everything works, needs nothing that I can tell so far. The guy that owned it loved the car so much but is moving to Florida in a few days.

My main baby is a BMW 740i, and I was looking for something nice that I can drive around during the winter, my eyez was on a Benz 300E or something like that, since the Lexus cars tend to be very highly priced due to their reliabiity. I have always wished for one, cuz I know they are reliable, and have kept my eyes out for the rare 1st gen GS, but I ended up with the LS, and can't complain. He replaced the headunit with 2nd gen headunit and added a 6CD changer and a new subwoofer.

It drives nice, the quietness is nicer than my BMW 740i, that's for sure. But frankly, when I drive the BMW, I do it for the driving, I throw it around like the "sports" car that it is. :D

So is $2500 a good deal? The guy was asking $3500.

1983715455.192769538.IM1.MAIN.565x421_A.565x377.jpg

Everything works, needs nothing that I can tell so far.  The guy that owned it loved the car so much but is moving to Florida in a few days.

My main baby is a BMW 740i, and I was looking for something nice that I can drive around during the winter, my eyez was on a Benz 300E or something like that, since the Lexus cars tend to be very highly priced due to their reliabiity.  I have always wished for one, cuz I know they are reliable, and have kept my eyes out for the rare 1st gen GS, but I ended up with the LS, and can't complain.  He replaced the headunit with 2nd gen headunit and added a 6CD changer and a new subwoofer. 

It drives nice, the quietness is nicer than my BMW 740i, that's for sure.  But frankly, when I drive the BMW, I do it for the driving, I throw it around like the "sports" car that it is. :D

So is $2500 a good deal?  The guy was asking $3500.

Welcome to the club :cheers: I think you got a great deal, The car looks like it has been cared for. I am a fan of the first gen. LS's "The Original" You should enjoy many many happy miles with the car.

Welcome to the club amigo! That's a sharp looking car! You can easily see that the previous owner took good care of it, you should have a lot of fun with her for the next several years. Yeah, you got a great deal! :cheers:

Always glad to see another Gen 1 owner sign up, she looks very good.

There is a lot of stored knowledge on this forum, the search function will keep you entertained for hours.

There are also a lot of very helpful and experienced people floating around so any problems that might develop (years away hopefully) should get pinpointed quickly.

Good luck.

Everything works, needs nothing that I can tell so far.  The guy that owned it loved the car so much but is moving to Florida in a few days.

My main baby is a BMW 740i, and I was looking for something nice that I can drive around during the winter, my eyez was on a Benz 300E or something like that, since the Lexus cars tend to be very highly priced due to their reliabiity.  I have always wished for one, cuz I know they are reliable, and have kept my eyes out for the rare 1st gen GS, but I ended up with the LS, and can't complain.  He replaced the headunit with 2nd gen headunit and added a 6CD changer and a new subwoofer. 

It drives nice, the quietness is nicer than my BMW 740i, that's for sure.  But frankly, when I drive the BMW, I do it for the driving, I throw it around like the "sports" car that it is. :D

Great decision!! There is nothing like the LS. I bought a 1990 LS400 9 years ago with 155,000 miles on it. My friends laughed when I paid $10,000 for a used car with so many miles on it. Well, now 9 years later and 267,000 miles total and I have not had a single problem. Regular maintenance and a little TLC and she runs just like she did when she rolled of the showroom floor. I bought a 1996 LS 400 earlier this year because I love all generations of this car. She has 155,000 and is just a lovely as my 1990. They are the same color,silver, and drive them every other day. People cant believe my cars are 15 and 10 years old. They look almost new and when people ride in them for the first time they cant believe how quiet and comfortable they are. They are like vaults and will last a very long time. I have convinced many mercedes, bmw, audi, and jaguar regulars to switch over to the LS. I have riden in almost every car imagenable and the LS is the winner hands down. This is the REAL deal.