'06 Gs430 Headrest Tv's

Ok everyone, the time has come for headrest tv's. Now, how the hell am i gonna do it? Ive noticed the back of the headrest is plastic, this has gotta be cut? Has anyone done this yet? or can anyone point me in the right direction?

You can buy the headrest that has the TV already in it and the installation is pretty easy. My father ordered them off some website. They look really nice and they come in Black, Grey, and tan leather. Its an option.

ya thats a pretty good idea. i saw some basic ones at circuit city but the problem is they aren't the same shape as my stock headrest. the advantage i guess is i wont have to cut my stocks.

Ok everyone, the time has come for headrest tv's.  Now, how the hell am i gonna do it?  Ive noticed the back of the headrest is plastic, this has gotta be cut?  Has anyone done this yet? or can anyone point me in the right direction?

I am curious, Are there really enough people that ride in the back seat of the GS to warrant twin screens? Or is just because you want them? Thanx

Ok everyone, the time has come for headrest tv's.   Now, how the hell am i gonna do it?  Ive noticed the back of the headrest is plastic, this has gotta be cut?   Has anyone done this yet? or can anyone point me in the right direction?

I am curious, Are there really enough people that ride in the back seat of the GS to warrant twin screens? Or is just because you want them? Thanx

there is a fair amount of cruising on sunset blvd so yes people do watch them, however, i also just want them. im considering headrest tv in the headrest of the backseat passengers as well. so people behind me at red lights can watch too :lol: just kidding. i just think they rock the casba.

Ok everyone, the time has come for headrest tv's.   Now, how the hell am i gonna do it?  Ive noticed the back of the headrest is plastic, this has gotta be cut?   Has anyone done this yet? or can anyone point me in the right direction?

there is a fair amount of cruising on sunset blvd so yes people do watch them, however, i also just want them. im considering headrest tv in the headrest of the backseat passengers as well. so people behind me at red lights can watch too :lol: just kidding. i just think they rock the casba.

You should consider putting screens in the fold down sun visors then and you definetly would want one [ or more ] in the trunk and on the inside of the trunk deck.

You should consider putting screens in the fold down sun visors then and you definetly would want one [ or more ] in the trunk and on the inside of the trunk deck.

ya visor tv's are sick but there's already the screen on the DVD i modded so i dont need the visor. but it would be sick as hell.

ya visor tv's are sick but there's already the screen on the DVD i modded so i dont need the visor. but it would be sick as hell.

Are you going with the playstation setup? How about 3d glasses for everyone watching? Wireless headphones? Just throwing you some ideas. B)

haha no, no playstation. i just figured, instead of bumping music, i can bump music videos, and it would be interesting with some headrest screens. always wanted them. i think putting a playstation is a bit excessive.

• 1 month later...

haha no, no playstation. i just figured, instead of bumping music, i can bump music videos, and it would be interesting with some headrest screens. always wanted them. i think putting a playstation is a bit excessive.

Hey well i jus added tvs in my headrest to bump videos too i make them actually, and im running my PS2 to play them everyone loves it.

Hey well i jus added tvs in my headrest to bump videos too i make them actually, and im running my PS2 to play them everyone loves it.

did you have your stock headrests cut and installed or did you go with the more popular pre-made headrest with tv in it, with leather that matches your interior. could you give some suggestions on where you got the parts and how difficult the install was. im very interested in doing this too. thanks.

did you have your stock headrests cut and installed or did you go with the more popular pre-made headrest with tv in it, with leather that matches your interior. could you give some suggestions on where you got the parts and how difficult the install was. im very interested in doing this too. thanks.

Yea i had my stock headrest cut because the ones with the monitors already in it are more expensive, and way bigger than the stock headrest. If i ever sell the car ill just go to the junk yard or something to get another set of headrests. I bought the monitors off ebay for $99 each which is the "thin" kind, and the install price ran me $180 for both together.

Most people don't think about it but a playstation is a DVD player so it works great if you are getting a player for your car just get a PS2 with a voltage adapter and your done.

I did that with my car and everyone loves it.

BTW i would check a few friends cars and see if the headrest are the same as i know on my ES the headrest fit from accords and many other cars .So if you can score some prefab ones it is much easier to just plug and play rather than install them to look right.

Most people don't think about it but a playstation is a DVD player so it works great if you are getting a player for your car just get a PS2 with a voltage adapter and your done.

I did that with my car and everyone loves it.

BTW i would check a few friends cars and see if the headrest are the same as i know on my ES the headrest fit from accords and many other cars .So if you can score some prefab ones it is much easier to just plug and play rather than install them to look right.

HERES A QUICK PIC OF MINE

MVC-011F.JPG

• 2 years later...

Are you going with the playstation setup? How about 3d glasses for everyone watching? Wireless headphones? Just throwing you some ideas. B)

I think he should go with a PC setup. Run windows on the main screen in the front, and mount the PC in the trunk. You can run Media Player (or your choice of music player) - it'd be just like having a huge hard drive of music and video in the car. Then, add a satellite internet connection to it and you can browse in the car, check your email, chat in IM, play video games, and just about anything you could do with a PC (including watch DVDs). Just one limitation - let me know where you're cruising so I'm nowhere near there...;) Don't want to be rear-ended by a driver who was busy IMing... :D