Buying At One Dealership-service At Another

sea44

Is there a problem buying a new vehicle at an out of the area dealership and having it serviced at a local dealership? If you have warranty issues with a new vehicle will the service department of the non-selling dealership treat you different than if you bought the car there?

Thanks

I've never had problems with that. It may depend on the dealer, but I believe they get reimbused by the company, so they still get paid for what they do.

I concur. B) If the car is under full factory warranty, the dealership, regardless if you purchased the car there originally will bill the automaker directly so it should make no difference. ;)

:cheers:

A warranty is a warranty. It should be honored at any Lexus dealer & any Toyota dealer for that matter. Any shop that does work under warranty, recall, or anything of that nature is making money. The OEM is giving them reimbersement for labor & sending free replacement parts to them.

They get paid the same if it's warranty work, or out of your pocket.

I bought my ES about 120 miles from me (near Boston mass) to save $7K. I have my local dealer do things like TB, water pump and a select few other things. Rest is all me! I just dis-like the attitudes of most when I walk in. If you do not "fit the image" (figure that out) you will need a loud speaker to get any clown to come over.

I only had one issue under CPO. It was the EGR and they fixed it ($150). I had to FIGHT with the lady since she could not find me in there sys. She said I brought the car in for service in 2000. I said lady I did not even oven the car in 2000!

No big deal. $$$$ is $$$ to them.

I purchased my LS430 90 miles away from the nearest dealer to save 5k. It has been serviced by the nearest dealer ever since with no problems. I get fast, courteous, and good service.

I purchased my LS430 90 miles away from the nearest dealer to save 5k. It has been serviced by the nearest dealer ever since with no problems. I get fast, courteous, and good service.

I have never found that to be a problem any where. They make their money on service and usually are very eager to take the business.

• 2 weeks later...
I bought my ES about 120 miles from me (near Boston mass) to save $7K. I have my local dealer do things like TB, water pump and a select few other things. Rest is all me! I just dis-like the attitudes of most when I walk in. If you do not "fit the image" (figure that out) you will need a loud speaker to get any clown to come over.

I only had one issue under CPO. It was the EGR and they fixed it ($150). I had to FIGHT with the lady since she could not find me in there sys. She said I brought the car in for service in 2000. I said lady I did not even oven the car in 2000!

Quite large difference in prices ,whats up with that?

Quite large difference in prices ,whats up with that?

no clue. My local dealer was xxxx and a dealer out East was much lower (as I posted) above. I will say this, "because they can, that is why".