Any Way To Make The Gx470 Ride Level?

Cookeze

Is there any way to adjust the rear suspension height so it will normally ride level rather than up in the rear? Does a GX470 without the third seat option ride more level? I suspect that the third seat version may carry more pressure in the rear air springs for increased load capacity.

Is there any way to adjust the rear suspension height so it will normally ride level rather than up in the rear?  Does a GX470 without the third seat option ride more level?  I suspect that the third seat version may carry more pressure in the rear air springs for increased load capacity.

The GX has self leveling rear air suspension...it should ride level with whatever weight is in the back.

Is there any way to adjust the rear suspension height so it will normally ride level rather than up in the rear?  Does a GX470 without the third seat option ride more level?  I suspect that the third seat version may carry more pressure in the rear air springs for increased load capacity.

Put a level on the running board and you will find that it is riding level.

not necessarily. it's the same settings.

I did put a level on the running board.  It confirmed that the car is higher in the rear. 

Is this is adjustable by the dealer?  The height must be controlled by air pressure.

the GX usually raises or puts more air in the suspension when there is a heavy load.

i.e. about 4 weeks ago, i loaded up my GX with laminate flooring. here's the math of the flooring

1 box approx = 25lbs

1st trip: 20 boxes = 500lbs

2nd trip: 30 boxes= 750 lbs.

now on both trips, after unloading the flooring, the rear was obviously very high. it puts in a lot of air to keep it level when it's very heavy.

the 1st trip wasn't bad, meaning it didn't take the car that long for it to level to normal with that 500lbs but on the 2nd trip with 750, it took quite awhile before it reached it's normal height with that much weight.

so maybe it's just weight that's causing it to be a little higher. and besides, remember these cars have so many complicated things in them, that either the system isn't functioning properly or that's how the car wants it's rear to be! ;)