Does Anyone Have An Active Carfax Account?

Dust

Dust, I do, along with NADA pinpointed down to geographical location. post up like Kewl said or send me a pm and I'll run it for you. :cheers:

Any time my friend, any time! :cheers:

Want to know NADA on the car? just post up mileage and I'll send you that as well.

NADA is the official valuation of a vehicle's market value. It is basically blue book, but a little bit more refined. Most lenders will base thier loan criteria off of NADA, as where car dealers will quote from kelly blue book. Or as some of those snakes do, they use a black book to hammer you down on trade value, taking it to below wholesale value, and then quote the price of the new car at full on retail. Matching wholesale to retail....aka...their profit spread. Your NADA in NY for the car, minus the carfax information is:

Trade in value = $4,925

Loan value = $4,450 "what a lender would lend on it"

Retail value = $6,600

The original sale price MSRP was $42,200 back in the day.

If you took it to trade it in, the dealer would probably offer you $4,000.

What is NADA? My Mileage is about 192.000

:)

NADA is the official valuation of a vehicle's market value. It is basically blue book, but a little bit more refined. Most lenders will base thier loan criteria off of NADA, as where car dealers will quote from kelly blue book. Or as some of those snakes do, they use a black book to hammer you down on trade value, taking it to below wholesale value, and then quote the price of the new car at full on retail. Matching wholesale to retail....aka...their profit spread. Your NADA in NY for the car, minus the carfax information is:

Trade in value = $4,925

Loan value = $4,450 "what a lender would lend on it"

Retail value = $6,600

The original sale price MSRP was $42,200 back in the day.

If you took it to trade it in, the dealer would probably offer you $4,000.

wow thanks a lot. 4,000 isnt too bad if you need the money right away. You said the dealer offers you 4,000. Is that a Lexus dealer? or just a random one? You also said trade it in, can you sell it to the dealer?

Thats any dealer, it's industry standard to offer the least amount of money for a trade in. I can promise you that if they offer you more than their original quote, that increase is being tacked on somewhere..aka..document prep fee, whatever. I would think it would be very tough to sell it to a dealer since most dealers either aquire their used inventory from trade-in's, purchase from auctions or buy bank repos from the bank. I know here where I work, the consumer lending guys have quite a bit of repos "expected when you're doing $50,000,000 a month in car loans" and we have several dealerships than come and pick through them. We usually sell them off in groups with one really good one and 5 or 6 beat up ones. It would be tough to sell it to a dealership, but maybe some country stop-shop might be interested. But don't expect too much money.

Don't mention it. It's the least I can do for all the help I've received on this forum over the months.

Hahaaha, yeah I think you're right SK. :blink:

I don't have complete access to it, and can't abuse it too badly, but when you're tied into a billion dollar institution like the one I work for, some things can slip under the radar :whistles:

Yeah, definitely. I am sorry nc211 but I've tried reaching other people and they did not respond for weeks. Thank you again for helping me out, I personally think this thread should be deleted. This was a request not a free vin !Removed! thread. :)