Need Some New Shades.

branshew

I was kayaking in the ocean last month while on vacation in the Outer Banks. I rolled and lost my sunlasses in the process. I had been going for a while without any, and it was slowly starting to get to me. Today on the way to work I noticed that due to the seasonal changes the sun's angle is starting to hit me in just the right spot so I am making myself get a new pair before the end of the week.

I had an older pair of Oakley wire frames w/ polarized lenses. I had them for about 5 years and liked them, but I am thinking about stepping up to Revo's. I want a polarized lens (sucks being on the water w/o one) and something that offers good eye protection and visibility without excess color distortion.

What are you guys wearing these days?

I have a pair of Polarized Ray Bans that I love, but they've been dropped and sat on so many times I'm thinking about replacing them too.

Can't say anything but good things as far as the quality of the ray bans go, next time I'll probably step up to Maui Jims...

I pay $10 for mine personally with all the UV protection stickers you could imagine.  :whistles:    ;)  If I lose or break them, it's no biggie.  :)

:cheers:

I carry several pair, Some the $5-$10.00 variety and a pair of Oakleys, I also carry a pair of yellow lens glasses for rain-daytime fog- name unknown. If I break, loose them I have backups. I probably have 30 pair if I got all of them together. :wacko:

I have a pair of Polarized Ray Bans that I love, but they've been dropped and sat on so many times I'm thinking about replacing them too.

Can't say anything but good things as far as the quality of the ray bans go, next time I'll probably step up to Maui Jims...

I saw a few pairs of those that I like as well.

As to the $10 shades - I spend alot of time outdoors and I have noticed that there is a definite difference in the lens quality between a $10 pair and an $80 pair. UV protction aside the color variations, etc. can be significant between lenses.

Plus I have been toying with the idea of geting these in a RX lens so I don't have to wear the contacts. So that would throw the $10 option out the window.

I have 2 pairs of revo's they are great.Depends on what i am doing which one i will wear.

For driving it cuts glare beautifully.

My favorite of the 2 is the 3050b(the b is for the blue lens) with a gunmetal frame which is polarized and all the other stuff.

My other pair is if i go to the beach or somethign ,so i can loose them and not cry since they have a slight scuff on the lens an they look ugly as well.

I like ray ban styles but the optics just don't compete.

I have never liked oakleys styles on me so i have never worn any outside.

Serengeti's are absolutely wonderful as well but the styles are horrendous, unless you like the 80's look.

Maui Jim's seem good but also have never ventured out at night or day with them.

• 4 weeks later...
Plus I have been toying with the idea of geting these in a RX lens so I don't have to wear the contacts.  So that would throw the $10 option out the window.

I recently had to start wearing glasses. I went with Transition lens, and I love them! It's so great to not have to switch my rx glasses with rx sunglasses or have to put one of those sun glass clips on. They are expensive though. These lens costed about $180 (for single vision and astigmatism Rx) which could get you a great pair of traditional, non Rx sunglasses. I'm sure they can be found on the internet for cheaper, but this is something I didn't want to gamble $50 or $75 on.

I've got a few pairs of RayBans and Oakleys (enough for Sunglasses Hut to send me $40 off a pair of glasses each year in a birthday card. lol). I love my RayBan glasses better for casual wearing, but the Oakleys are much better at staying on my face when I'm moving around. You can't go wrong with either!