Sub Woofer In The Back

akewlguy

Hello,

Just curious if the sub is a 10 or 8"

Also has anyone changed their deck? Amp? & Speakers?

I hear the 3" two ways can fit in the 5" slot with a braket.

I know most decks now put out what the amp in car puts out. In all reality the system is not that bad so I might just keep, but trying to explore options. I love music and my LEXUS!

I have a 93 ls 400 with that nakamishi (spelling off probably) sound. My 2 front speakers by the drivers leg and passanger leg have gone out. One day listening to them fine when one went almost silent. I could still hear the music so I thought I blew a fuse or something, checked and no fuse blown. A few days later the other one did the same, I called lexus and they said there done. I have to replace them and was wondering if I should replace all 4 speakers excluding those small ones unless I have to. What size speakers should I get? And I dont think my car came with a sub, if so where would I find it?

yes, I have replaced the door spkrs (5.25") and the sub which is an 8". It's located on the rear deck. The factory spkrs are just full range made by Pioneer so don't get caught up in the hype that that you can only use "Lexus" components. I used Infinity's in the doors and a JBL sub in the rear. I think I spent about $250 for everything.

Bob

You don't have to use the factory pioneer/nakamichi components unless you want to keep the original head unit and amp.

Using anything else will not sound great but for the price of Lexus units i would scrap the whole thing and go aftermarket in a minute.

It is much easier and cheaper.

Hey man in reguards to the 8" speaker... Open your trunk and look in towards the back seats in the middle (on top) you will see the 8" sub.

As for the door speakers I ripped apart the rear door to see what was up with intermittent speaker. For sure the 12 year old speaker is no big deal. It handles 40 watts and is a one way.

Does the 93LS have a 40 watt 4 channel amp? If so I suspect the amp or the deck has issues. When I jack up the sound to almost max the left rear speaker kicks in. Sometimes it works so I think I am going to leave it. Next I will bypass the amp and see if the speaker works.

I also think the stock deck looks great in the LEXUS. It just seems to fit. Also the NAMACHAIE system is not to bad.

My headunit is the OEM Pioneer and sounds 50% better by just replacing the spkrs...

You don't have to use the factory pioneer/nakamichi components unless you want to keep the original head unit and amp.

Using anything else will not sound great but for the price of Lexus units i would scrap the whole thing and go aftermarket in a minute.

It is much easier and cheaper.

hey guys been looking into audio for a while, im pretty sure 92lex should remember anyways amp is under the cd changer... 40 watts max... most people who do a swap of the 8 usually use a low power sub that doesnt handle over 100... with a small amp u could wire it to the orginal deck... just be prepared for some soldering...

Thanks I think I'll replace the front door's with infiniti's and maybe the rears although they still sound good. Are the tweeters in the front connected to the front door speakers because ever since the 2 doors have gone out the tweeters are really faint no matter how much I turn up the volume? I may have to replace those too. Too much moneyyyy!!!!