In The Market For Sc400

I'm in the market for a SC400. A friend who deals used cars has offered me a '92 SC400 for $8K. I am a bit concerned about the odo reading >200,000 miles and the rebuilt engine, transmission and AC system.

Any thoughts? Is it a taker? What about rebuilt engines and trannies? In general what should I be looking out for when looking at SC400s?

--Will :huh:

You have to ask the owner what was the rebuild process involved. In my opinion, it would cost more money to rebuild the 1UZ than getting a low mileage motor. OEM parts are expensive. I got a 40k engine for $450. The price you mentioned is little high for that year. Look around little more. If you are into fixer upper, I have seen $2800.

Good luck

<_< I am considering a 1995 SC 400 with Nakamichi, sunroof and traction control with 129K miles for $7500 but the passenger door won't open.

We know the folks selling it and they said estimate was $600-$1000 to fix it?

So if its true then with repair, car cost is aprox $8500.

Sounds high. Everything else works and the car is in average to clean condition.

Retail Edmunds is $12K, $10k for personal sale and $8200 trade.

Is this a LOW, AVERAGE or HIGH price for this car?

I ask because some cars demand more than others... Is the SC400(a dream car in my opinion) demanding high or low dollars these days??

Any opinion welcome ...THANKS ! ! ! ! :D