Help,wife Thinks She Put Diesel In My 94 Ls400

pfleyva

diesel pumps typically dont fit in a car. But it has been done. Also the diesel doesnt ignite so the car wont start. Possible if she had a lot of gas to start. Probably will need to have the tank drained.

I dont want to be all negitive, but the last time that happend to a friend of mine, his engine had to be replaced. Lets just hope there is another reason for the jerking, and coughing.

Diesel isn't that bad for gasoline engines. It's basically an oil so I'm surprised it's harmed some peoples engines. I would drain the tank, refill (to the top) with good gas, no need for extra octane diesel has a higher detonation retardant than gas anyway.

Then I'd pull the ignition fuse or relay (not at my car, sorry I can't check. And crank over the car for 10-15 seconds to dilute and flush the lines a bit.

*should* be okay after that.... good luck! Now if you buy a diesel and put gasoline in it.... BOOM. :)

Aaron