New Car Color

94LexusES

People say it, but I've owned a few black cars. Just run a microfiber towel over it & it'll rip all the dust off. Takes 45-60 seconds to do the car in the morining.

Quick detail once a week, that takes 5 min. Wash it one morning, that takes 5 min at most.

An OXO brush and a waffle weave microfiber towel to dry with really take all the time out of washing. It becomes sheet water on the car, hit it with the oxo brush, sheet the shampoo off - run the waffel weave towel over it.

Done! (I like to time mine, my personal best is 2:40!)

Too much for some people, but when it comes time to touch-up black pigment is the least affected by UV =) so it's doesn't normally require any color matching! & sinse it's SSP, no clear coat to touch up with & it's thick! It's harder to scratch through the paint. Which is cool. =)

People say it, but I've owned a few black cars. Just run a microfiber towel over it & it'll rip all the dust off. Takes 45-60 seconds to do the car in the morining.

Quick detail once a week, that takes 5 min. Wash it one morning, that takes 5 min at most.

An OXO brush and a waffle weave microfiber towel to dry with really take all the time out of washing. It becomes sheet water on the car, hit it with the oxo brush, sheet the shampoo off - run the waffel weave towel over it.

Done! (I like to time mine, my personal best is 2:40!)

Too much for some people, but when it comes time to touch-up black pigment is the least affected by UV =) so it's doesn't normally require any color matching! & sinse it's SSP, no clear coat to touch up with & it's thick! It's harder to scratch through the paint. Which is cool. =)

Too much of a pain in the butt imo.....I've owned dark colour cars & have detailed literally thousands of cars when I worked at dealerships over the years many black, dark blue etc cars in the past......get a colour to start with that stays cleaner, longer.....silver & beige are very good choices. I personally will never own a dark colour car again, even if the thing was 'self cleaning' :lol: :whistles: I understand there are many that love a dark colour & it's a pure 'labour of love' to clean their cars often.......nothing wrong with that either. It just comes down to personal preference. ;)

:cheers:

The great thing about light colors is you can buy your Klasse AIO and SG for $40, wax it twice a year, and *still* have it reflect & protect like crazy.

DACP to polish

Vanilla Moose as a base glaze

2 coats of Carnauba Moose, or PS21/S100

All applied & taken off the the PC 7424 once every 3 months.

Wow... Nothing pops like a black, or deep red with the VM-CM combo! Totally makes up for having to clean it once every few days. =)

All personal choice! :D

God, you made me cringe...

PLEASE don't do that. You should never run a towel, even a microfiber towel, over a dusty paint surface with no lubrication it WILL introduce micro-marring to the paint. The nap isn't deep enough to absorb the dust.

If you're going to do that at least get a california car duster, the nap will save you.

Autopia.org. Experts disagree with you. (edit - About using a mf towel to dust.)

(I have a CCD too. I quit using it after buying my latest stock of pakshak mf towels on a huge sale.)

Both work well, but I like MF towels. They have more than one use.

Tho it is obvious... Don't run a dirty microfiber towel on anything.

I'm a longtime member of Autopia.org and I've never ever ever heard anyone suggest using an MF towel to wipe the car down when its dusty. You'll have to point me to a link on that one...

As a matter of fact I imagine suggesting someone do that would get you tarred and feathered on Autopia.