Integrated Hands-free Phone System

So I just bought a 95 SC300 and the seller was so cool he gave me the phone that fits the system since he no longer uses it.

At first I was relaly excited. When I got home I realized that the phone is analog only (Motorola V3620).

I called all the wireless companies and they all told me that they don't subscribe any new analog customers.

F them. So I decided to buy a new Motorola phone since the connectors for all Motorolas should be the same, right? WRONG.

Turns out the new motorola phones use a totally different configuration of pins.

So now the problem: The car is a stick and I happen to use the phone a lot while driving. So for all who have tried to hold the phone between their ear and left shoulder while trying to steer with the left hand and shift with the right: You feel my pain.

I want to know if it is possible to just change the little receiver part without tearing out all the other components and replacing them with new ones.

I went to a place that installs stuff and they said that I should just buy a new kit. Why would I want another kit if I already have one.

The way I see it is it's just hardware. A wire for the antenna, two for the power(+ and -), two for the mic and 2 for the speakers.

Has anyone been able to convert their old kit to work with a new Dual or TriMode Phones?

I'd greatly appreciate any succes or failure stories.

i am not sure but i think there are more to the wires than meets the eye

there will also be a computer for the phone which it connects to and it controls the audio throught eh drivers door speaker and dimming the stereo

sorry but unless you want to repin the connector to use the plug and harness then i think you are sol

i had this problem a few years ago with motorola and there everything needs a different plug

so now i am nokia and no more problems

i even bought a newer phone and it all fits perfectly no issues

I agree also. You can get a duo mode digital Samsung 850 phone with factory car kit on e-bay for under $50 on e-bay. I have this kit, and it works great.

By the way, if you do decide to go aftermarket, don't throw away your factory kit. I'm interested in it to tear it down to see how it ticks and how it plugs into the factory wire harness. Then I can post a thread on how you can fabricate an adaptor to utilize the factory harness as much as possible for installing the Samsung or any other aftermarket aftermarket handfree kit.

I do know that all SC's have the cellular cable that runs into the trunk (near the factory radio antenna) for the cell antenna. Harada makes a power antenna replacement that is both for the radio and cell, so this cable/antenna set up can be used for a very factory like installation.

I just bought a used LX400 with Motorola analog phone built in. Phone company won't activate it. I am interested in replacing with anything that is built-in and uses the hands free feature, even if I have to pay to replace the system with a different brand such as Nokia. Is it possible?

I have researched this topic quite a bit now.

The current system, believe it or not, is integrated into your car's COMPUTER.

It uses your stereo to reproduce sound.

So when you get a call, your music turns off and your whole stereo becomes one big speaker phone.

If you can find a worthy installer (I have yet to find one that knows their stuff) they might be able to use a few of your current components for a new system.

I see no point of tearing out all the old stuff (It's prolly under a pound alltogether) but I think you need to buy a complete new system and have it installed.

It won't be nearly as nice, probably using 1 speaker that you will have to mount somewhere but that's all that's available for now.

Lexus says that they have not yet come up with a new digital system for my car.

Hope that helps.