Any advise on modifying 2003 Lexus ES 300

nix_max

Hi,

First of all I am very glad to know that there is a forum like this to help other Lexus fanatics. I hope you guys can help me here. I recently purchased a 2003 Lexus ES 300 and I was wondering if there are any mods for it. I know its very limited, but any advise is very much appreciated.

Thanks,

nix_max :(

Welcome:

ES300 hmmm, are you looking for performance upgrades? Or all around kinds of things. I know the newer toyota V6's are much better than they were in the earlier to mid 90's - the camry powerplant was problematic on a few issues if I recall correctly. The ES and Camry shared the same motors. Not sure if they still do but I think so. There are some very easy simple things to do with the intake but this could be confusing if you have not done it before. It would involve removing the lower resnator and filter box - and getting an adapter to fit a conical k&n style filter to the stock upper intake duct that would give a little increase in performance. There will probably be a vacuum line or two to cap. Hard to say.

The market is very limited on these. I'm sure you could find some lowering suspension items. I would recommend some 18 or 19" wheels, enkei to HRE depending on how much you are willing to spend these things can get really pricey. Depending on taste, I have always stayed from chrome. Then you can always do the sound system and interior type items. It depends on what you want basically - but you will want to keep warranty matters in mind. Engine modification will void warranty or at least they will give you a real hard time. Shoot up some more questions and we'll see what we can do.

Thanks so much for replying back. I was thinking if there were any engine mods for this model, I think the best thing I could do is probably change the filter like you said. Does these things use chips, if so can i change them to one that delivers better performance?

Thanks once agian for your input,

-nix_max

• 5 months later...

hey nix max, there aren't many ES performance mods possible for these lexus'.

the ES is more for comfort than for performance, but many people have installed intake systems, exhaust systems, lowering springs, and shocks to their ES's. but for the '02's and '03's i don't think there's anything out yet. you might just have to wait a while.

i know the old camry parts were practically identical to the ES300 parts, but the new ES i haven't looked it. AWJ, you sure the 2002's and 2003 ES's match perfect with the camry's? because i remember the camry got a redesign before the ES.

that'd be awesome, AWJ.

i really haven't been sure on those because of the difference in remodel years. it really messed me up in the head when the camry got a redesign before the ES. i always remembered that they were redesigned at the same interval of 4 years... i may be wrong...

• 2 months later...

i have been in the 1mz-fe engine car which was supercharged not enough bite for the money

never mind it will want to eat through the tranny

they still both use the 1mz-fe engien camry and es

the 330 engine is on its way though

the drop in K&N filter is used by stevie j though and itsaves him some gas though

a good mod shop can custom build a cold air intake for it probably around $300