Make Rx300 Fog Lights Brighter?

LexKid630

1. Has anyone ever replaced their rx300 fog lights to xenons? What are your thoughts about the results?

2. How much of an @ss is it to access the fog lights with a grille guard on? Do i have to take the bumper off? If the answer to this is YES, then don't even bother answering the rest of the questions LOL

3. Will $19.99 6000k 9005 xenons in the fog light projector unit really make a difference? Since the headlights are already xenons, if i have xenons in the foglights, will it light up the road better? Or are the yellow ones in there now, better?

Thanks.

1. Has anyone ever replaced their rx300 fog lights to xenons? What are your thoughts about the results?

2. How much of an @ss is it to access the fog lights with a grille guard on? Do i have to take the bumper off? If the answer to this is YES, then don't even bother answering the rest of the questions LOL

3. Will $19.99 6000k 9005 xenons in the fog light projector unit really make a difference? Since the headlights are already xenons, if i have xenons in the foglights, will it light up the road better? Or are the yellow ones in there now, better?

Thanks.

Try these guys. They have HID conversions for most lights and they are Lexus guys.

http://www.advancedautomotiveconcepts.com/

I am so getting tired of all these stupid flash setup sites that look slow slick but you need a pentium bigillion to run them and the load time is like dial up all over again.

Anyway.

What bulb do you take for your fogs?

$20 bulbs will not do anything unless they are silverstars otherwise get HIR's for $60 or get hid's for 300 but you want the lowest possible K value to make them more yellow not white or you will see nothing in any real fog or rain.

I am so getting tired of all these stupid flash setup sites that look slow slick but you need a pentium bigillion to run them and the load time is like dial up all over again.

Anyway.

What bulb do you take for your fogs?

$20 bulbs will not do anything unless they are silverstars otherwise get HIR's for $60 or get hid's for 300 but you want the lowest possible K value to make them more yellow not white or you will see nothing in any real fog or rain.

The size of the foglights for the rx300 are 9005. Will 9006's fit as well?

And i'm not really looking for better illumination during just foggy weather, but just for regular night driving. I find that the yellow just dilutes the white of the regular xenon headlights? Or is it just all in my head LOL

Thanks

Okay, lessons....

1. The fog lamp assembly, lens and reflectors, are designed to have the beam pattern LOW and wide.

2. A heavy or even slight amber shading will enhance your forward vision, object definition in rain or fog.

3. Fog lamps are best used alone without the visual interference resulting from BRIGHT/WHITE low beams being simultaneously.

Additionally I find that when the fog lights are on with low beams on a clear night the CLOSE in illumination of the surrounding landscape results in my eyes reacting and reducing my vision. So it is not a good idea to have those fogs on when there is no fog or rain.

I rewired the fog circuit on my 2001 RX300 so I can turn the fog lamps on without low beams. Most european cars come so equipped.

• 1 year later...

DID YOU GO WITH A NEW SET? WAS IT HARD TO DO....THANKS

Thanks.

Thanks.

I never really got to doing that project... I hardly ever drive the Rx300 anymore, and my daughter probably doesn't know what fog lights are.

Thanks.

I never really got to doing that project... I hardly ever drive the Rx300 anymore, and my daughter probably doesn't know what fog lights are.

Apparently the clear majority of the american car buying public hasn't a clue about what fog lights are or how that are to be used, should be used.