Where Do You Get An Lsd For Gs4000?

• 2 weeks later...

I too have been searching for an LSD for my GS. From what I understand the Supra diff takes some mods to work and the plus also being a lower final drive of 3.76 vs stock which I think is in the 3.20 range. This past July while at the drifting competition at Infineon/Sears Point I spoke with a Gerald at Overboost.com and they can get a locking diff and your can specifiy what % of lock you want all the way too 100% like a detroit locker but you get that low speed turn chirp. This diff uses your stock gears so some disassemby and reassembly is required, I'm still waiting to see if it takes shims and stuff to set up the R/P in the diff or not. That's about all for now as I'm busy with other mods first before I do this. Good luck and where are you in norcal, I'm in Pacifica

Thanks for the info, I live in Sac Town, home of Arnie the Governator. What I want with differential mods is a ratio that is more performance oriented. So the 3.76 Supra would be great for me. Since the GS has a five speed overdrive tranny it’s kind of overkill for the OEM differential to be 3.23. At 75 MPH (the maximum legal speed - LOL!) the V-8 only tacks at 2400 RPMs. The 3.76 would probably raise the RPMs to 2800-2900 at cruising speed. That still isn’t halfway to redline. Do you know what kind of mods the Supra rear end needs to fit the GS?

As you probably know, the stock GS doesn’t launch too quickly. I’ve ordered the SRT intake and piggyback and I thought the next best investment to improve 0-60 time was a differential with a higher number. Do you know if the ring gear or other gears can be replaced in the OEM differential to change the ratio or does the whole pumpkin need to be swapped out? It seems like it would cost less to use OEM and replace some of the gears, if possible.

this is just a carrier not a 3;76 ring and pinion.I have this carrier an Im going to try to use a 3;76 supra ring and pinion in my rear end.Not sure if it will work but they are thw same differential and same size ring some Im willing to gamble they will.Im thinking this is where they get the 3;76 ratio if you buy the whole differential.Any opinions?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
this is just a carrier not a 3;76 ring and pinion.I have this carrier an Im going to try to use a 3;76 supra ring and pinion in my rear end.Not sure if it will work but they are thw same differential and same size ring some Im willing to gamble they will.Im thinking this is where they get the 3;76 ratio if you buy the whole differential.Any opinions?

Does anyone know of a credible shop who could put this together?