2002 Es Factory Radio Problem

Sniper

Es 300 2002 Factory radio is continually showing the wrong name for that are on the radio...it  stuck. It only shows one song title...Anybody had this problem, any suggestions. Thanks

You have to be clear on what exactly is happening with your headunit for any help. Is this when you have the radio on ? Playing cd's, Do the buttons work? etc...

Es 300 2002 Factory radio is continually showing the wrong name for that are on the radio...it  stuck. It only shows one song title...Anybody had this problem, any suggestions. Thanks

You have to be clear on what exactly is happening with your headunit for any help. Is this when you have the radio on ? Playing cd's, Do the buttons work? etc...

Yes when the radio is on and I have pre set stations set. Lets say on preset 1 I'm listening to a smooth jazz station and the song that's playing is by B. James, but the text that scrolls across the radio says a different (or the wrong) artist and song title. Any Suggestions. Thanks

Switch to a different station, does the song title change? or is this consistent for all preset stations? Manually tune in a different station, does it pull up the song title now? Make sure it is in fact your radio and not the station.

Find another vehicle with this radio capability and see if it is in fact the station.

Try this too: Using the manual dial wheel, move away from the station and back to it. Kind alike refind the station manually. Does the song title update? If so reprogram the button to the station you just retuned.

steviej

This happens to mine too, my guess is its an issue with the radio station. RDS is FAR from perfect.

My thought as well, I just tried to retune the stations but that still didn't work. Its showing a different song title on each different preset but each title it shows is wrong.

I'll certainly be at the dealer tuesday, factory warrant is about to run out so I'm sure this is something they can fix....

If anybody comes upon any suggestions please let me know.

Thanks all.