Copy Dvd Navigation Disk

Hey Guys,

I was bidding on a new navigation DVD on ebay and the guy that was selling it said he would make a copy and sell it to me. I'm not too familiar with this process but after looking at a few forums i wanted your guys inputs.

Is it possible to *backup* your own navigation dvd with a dual layer dvd burner? Any input/advice would be helpful. I cant spend more than 250 for the nav disk.

FYI:

2001 gs300 Ltuned

3rd generation nav system

Hey Guys,

I was bidding on a new navigation DVD on ebay and the guy that was selling it said he would make a copy and sell it to me. I'm not too familiar with this process but after looking at a few forums i wanted your guys inputs.

Is it possible to *backup* your own navigation dvd with a dual layer dvd burner? Any input/advice would be helpful. I cant spend more than 250 for the nav disk.

FYI:

2001 gs300 Ltuned

3rd generation nav system

I don't see why one couldn't make a copy for there own backup. So that said Copies are $100.00 apiece. Although there are copyright laws that frown on this .

I do not see how this is not illegal and infringing on copyright acts that are in place,for this reason the thread is locked.

If you wanted to make duplicates of your own discs ,then buy a second set.

I agree they are expensive but theft is theft.