Rims In...finally!

Get rid of the Kuhmo tires they are real garbage.They get sidewall bulges and the company doesn't care less as the know it is a cheap tire that fails. It shouldn't even be DOT approved just like blue headlight bulbs .........real rice.

I like the rims they are nice only they have a more sporty look than the car does.

:rolleyes:

Those rims look really nice with you color, from one angle they look light gray, and at another angle they look dark gray, matching your exterior and trim. I have a small sidewall bulge, on Goodyears, but it's not that bad. Good choice!

How much were those rims, was it a package, and where'd you buy them?

:cheers:

:rolleyes:

Those rims look really nice with you color, from one angle they look light gray, and at another angle they look dark gray, matching your exterior and trim.  I have a small sidewall bulge, on Goodyears, but it's not that bad.  Good choice!

How much were those rims, was it a package, and where'd you buy them? 

:cheers:

Thx Sk8.

I was very shocked to find the rims under $200 each. I think Discount Tire did them for ~$175. The thing with Discount is, you find a tire or wheel you like ANYWHERE, they will beat the price just for their policy. The guy I bought mine from was really cool and just wanted to make my happy!

I was very shocked to find the rims under $200 each. I think Discount Tire did them for ~$175. The thing with Discount is, you find a tire or wheel you like ANYWHERE, they will beat the price just for their policy. The guy I bought mine from was really cool and just wanted to make my happy!

...err...just looked at my receipt and my boy gave me a smokin deal @ $145/wheel. I love that place!

Yeah, I got new chrome rims for my new ES 330 yesterday. Mine have five spokes with a chrome cap in center. I don't know if I really like them or not yet ;) One dealer I talked with said that our car (ES 330) would look better with a "more chrome" rim. I think he may be right. :blushing: I'm going to try to sell my org 17" alloy wheels. These rim dealers wanted to pay me about $250 for my new Lexus factory alloy wheels, can you believe that they would try to steal from me like that?

I'm going to try to sell my org 17" alloy wheels.  These rim dealers wanted to pay me about $250 for my new Lexus factory alloy wheels, can you believe that they would try to steal from me like that?

Considering the 16" alloys go for $210 (set of 4 for $810) online and the 17" chromes go for $375 each online, I would say that $250 is a fair price for your 17" alloys. Just out of curiosity, how many miles do you have on them right now?

steviej

Yeah, I got new chrome rims for my new ES 330 yesterday.  Mine have five spokes with a chrome cap in center.  I don't know if I really like them or not yet  ;)   One dealer I talked with said that our car (ES 330) would look better with a "more chrome" rim.  I think he may be right. :blushing:   I'm going to try to sell my org 17" alloy wheels.  These rim dealers wanted to pay me about $250 for my new Lexus factory alloy wheels, can you believe that they would try to steal from me like that?

Is that right, $250 for ALL FOUR!? Humph! In one breath they told me that 1 factory alloy Lexus wheel cost about $600!? So, now I'm suppose to sell all four for $250!? Humph, I'll keep them and look at them! :whistles:

They have 130 mi on them. Bought the vehicle with 12 mi on it; then just drove them from the dealer to my town, to work the next day, then, to the shop to get my chrome rims. :cheers:

I'm going to try to sell my org 17" alloy wheels.  These rim dealers wanted to pay me about $250 for my new Lexus factory alloy wheels, can you believe that they would try to steal from me like that?

Considering the 16" alloys go for $210 (set of 4 for $810) online and the 17" chromes go for $375 each online, I would say that $250 is a fair price for your 17" alloys. Just out of curiosity, how many miles do you have on them right now?

steviej

Is that right, $250 for ALL FOUR!? Humph! In one breath they told me that 1 factory alloy Lexus wheel cost about $600!? So, now I'm suppose to sell all four for $250!? Humph, I'll keep them and look at them!

They have 130 mi on them. Bought the vehicle with 12 mi on it; then just drove them from the dealer to my town, to work the next day, then, to the shop to get my chrome rims.

steviej

Steve, I notice that you are a Mod; what does that "Warn" area w/ the percentages mean at the bottom of my profile?

OH BTW, thank you for responding to my post. :D

Is that right, $250 for ALL FOUR!? Humph! In one breath they told me that 1 factory alloy Lexus wheel cost about $600!? So, now I'm suppose to sell all four for $250!? Humph, I'll keep them and look at them! 

They have 130 mi on them. Bought the vehicle with 12 mi on it; then just drove them from the dealer to my town, to work the next day, then, to the shop to get my chrome rims.

no, I was saying $250 EACH was a decent price. Not all four!. Your original post didn't make it clear that the $250 quote was for the entire set. By the way, you actually have 5, check you spare.

The warn sign is your current warning level. If you break the forum rules and guidelines (I trust you have read them, :whistles: ) then a moderator or administrator can restrict you posting ability. This is shown to you in the warn area. If you are at 0%, then you have no warnings. Keep in mind you warn level is only visible to you, moderators and administrators. Other members can not other members levels.

Read this thread.

steviej

no, I was saying $250 EACH was a decent price. Not all four!. Your original post didn't make it clear that the $250 quote was for the entire set. By the way, you actually have 5, check you spare.

The warn sign is your current warning level. If you break the forum rules and guidelines (I trust you have read them,:whistles: ) then a moderator or administrator can restrict you posting ability. This is shown to you in the warn area. If you are at 0%, then you have no warnings. Keep in mind you warn level is only visible to you, moderators and administrators. Other members can not other members levels.

Read this thread.

steviej

LOL, Yes Sir, I did read the forum rules ;).

If they had offered me $250 each, I might have taken it. They offered something called a chrome exchange where I give them my new alloy wheels and $850 and they will give me some chrome wheels of my same type! :chairshot: I about blew a gasket! I don't get it..:wacko: They tell me that my wheels are worth over $600 a piece; then, they tell me to give them to them pluse $850; then, they will give me some chrome wheels just like mine...duh

The warn sign is your current warning level. If you break the forum rules and guidelines (I trust you have read them,:whistles: ) then a moderator or administrator can restrict you posting ability. This is shown to you in the warn area. If you are at 0%, then you have no warnings. Keep in mind you warn level is only visible to you, moderators and administrators. Other members can not other members levels.

Read this thread.

steviej

Yeah, the salesman did show me that one...I do have five...I forgot about that one in the trunk (with 0 miles on it). Now, I need to have that one mounted with a chrome rim like the ones I have on my car don't you think?

Since you been in the club for a long time; for how much do you think I ought to try to sell five 2005 Lexus ES 330 Factory Alloy Rims? (One has 0 miles and the other four have 130.) Or do you think I should keep them for some reason? What do you think Steviej? :unsure: