Throttle Body/iacv/ Dealership To Perform Service

So my car is having issue starting when it's already warmed up. Basically seems to be the infamous "clean your IACV/throttle body" situation. So I emailed Fremont Lexus and the service rep there tells me "We don't clean the idle control valve. Replacement of the IAC valve is $520 plus tax on the parts.". :chairshot: ..hmm are you out of your mind?! It's not like my IACV is broken - as the rest of you mention, it's likely that there is carbon build up. I am trying to contact Steven's Creek Lex to see if they will perform the service..hopefully they will clean the throttle body at a decent price. But anyways, I've spent hours searching this forum and there seems to be nice pictures of older ES models with pictures of the throttle body, but nothing step by step for the RX300. It actually looks kind of scary trying to clean the IACV+ throttle body since I have never done so myself. Should I attempt to DIY or find a place to service? I can do the other stuff..i.e. change oil, filters, cabin filter etc...but this would definitely be a first for me and I wouldn't want to screw something up. Additionally, my car is relatively new..about 55K ('01 RX300 Silversport). Any insight or advise is GREATLY appreciated..any recommended service dealers or what not. This forum has been very helpful. Cheers ;)

Just heard back from Fremont Lex again. I asked them if they clean the throttle body and they mention "I have asked one of my service writer's about this. Cleaning the throttle body will not resolve this issue.".... :unsure: ...ok??????but replacing the IACV will?