Disappointed With 1/4 Mile In Gs400

Took my 2000 GS400 to the track for the 1st time last week. I've got 69k miles on the car and my mods include: Borla exhaust, SRT intake and ECU. I made 4 passes and I was 14.9 and 15.0 at 94mph each time. I tried manually shifting and the auto. 60 foot times were consistant at 2.60.

I'm pretty disappointed with those times. I was hoping low 14's at least. It was very hot outside; 94 degrees. Do you think it was the high temp outside, or could something be wrong with the intall on my race ECU? Other options?

I'm no stranger to the track. The other car in pic has gone mid 10's. I'm about ready to put a s/c on the GS. :smirk:

f2a32c93.jpg

im pretty sure that stock GS400's we're makin like 14.3 or 14.4 stock, so i think somethins wrong with your setup. and when u went to the track, did you take out your spare and backseat and all the goodies along those line?

Did you power break it, get your stall up there?

Of course i dont know too much of what im talkin about, but it could be something wrong with the ECU.

Maybe someone with a GS400 will enlighten us more.

I did try to break torque off the line. I hadn't thought about the heavier wheels/tires issue, but I don't think it would cost me 3/4 of a second or more. Besides taking it to a dyno, any other way to test if ECU not set properly?

What kind of tires are you running? How are you coming of the line? Do you get any wheel spin. Having the right tires will make a big difference. Also how are your reaction times? What is the stall speed off the line? I usually determine the highest stall speed I can launch the at car before the tires break loose. LOL

• 3 weeks later...

Took my 2000 GS400 to the track for the 1st time last week. I've got 69k miles on the car and my mods include: Borla exhaust, SRT intake and ECU. I made 4 passes and I was 14.9 and 15.0 at 94mph each time. I tried manually shifting and the auto. 60 foot times were consistant at 2.60.

I'm pretty disappointed with those times. I was hoping low 14's at least. It was very hot outside; 94 degrees. Do you think it was the high temp outside, or could something be wrong with the intall on my race ECU? Other options?

I'm no stranger to the track. The other car in pic has gone mid 10's. I'm about ready to put a s/c on the GS. :smirk:

The 14.2 ET quoted in the specs about the GS400 was probably done by a pro under ideal circumstances. Did you take the RPMs to or near redline (6400 RPMs) before shifting? Also have you ever tuned the engine? You might still have original plugs and wires. Performance degrades as these parts age.