Update: I Bought The One W/ 37k Miles Today

tealboy

I appreciate your comments regarding the two choices, 33k miles and 37k miles, and also the tires. Based on the more consisent maintenance records, with service all having been done by the same dealership selling me the car, I picked the 37k car. Interestingly, regarding the tires, it has brand new Kelly Signature tires, which are their higher end tires, so I think i will be please with them. Whether it be smart or not, I don't know, but I opted to forego the CPO warranty in an effort to hold the price down. The car has an existing warranty until April 2006, or 13k miles whereas the extended warranty would run it for 3 yrs and 100k miles. I should have gotten your opinion on this first, but I didn't think i needed the warranty. I suppose I could still get it for $1000 if you think it's a big mistake. They dropped the price by $1000 w/o it and really made me a great deal on the car.

By the way, i did offer to let them do the 30k mile svc on the 33k mile car and would pay them the same price (not willing to pay more for the lower mileage car b/c svc history was less consistent). It would have cost them $550 (separate cost centers, sales vs. svc), so they worked w/ me on the 37k car.

nothing too special, swo3es is right, anthying other than the std features is surprisingly rare. I would have liked a nav but buying used, it was more important to find the right color, condition and svc history for me.

As is typical w/ the awd, i got heated seats, xenon lights. I think that's it. But b/c it was a certified car, it came w/ new tires, new floor mats, new rear brakes (fronts were more than 50%) and a thorough run down by the lexus shop that i bought it from (161 pt inspection). As noted above, I left off the warranty part of the certified in an effort to hold the overall cost down. I paid $25.5 for the car, which was really a terrific price based on what i have seen the past two months. To include the extended certified warranty would have been $26.5, still a good deal but I am having the car shipped from NJ, so that cost me another $700. Not too many awd's in Florida.

I attached a pic below.

post-15901-1125225833_thumb.jpg

post-15901-1125226274_thumb.jpg