Short Ram/ Engine Light

mccoy

I recently put a AEM short ram cold air intake on my car. I guess that is the name of it. It was cool, I loved it, but..... My engine light kept coming on. I had to keep on unplugging the battery negative. It would be cool, then that light would come on. I took it off, because the car is still under warranty, and I did not want to hear anything at LEXUS. How do I put it on, and avoid that problem? IS it possible? Lastly, will the car blow up, due to the air fuel mixture. I am not a very mechanically inclined person. So I may not know what exactly to say. I love the car, and do not want to hurt it. Oh, after the intake was on, I noticed at idle, driving at very low speeds, the car would cut off. Is that a product ot the intake? Or is there a problem with the car? Since the intake has been off, and original equipment put back on, no problem. Please advise....Thanks in advance.

Anyone have a IS 300 engine cover? Mine is cracked...Thanks

i am not sure but did you make sure the sensor in the intake was properly attached?

as this would cause a stumbling of the idle and other driveability problems

also contact aem and see what they can tell you for tech advise on the system

one more thing short pipes ( not ram as there is no air being forced into it)

are a waste of time and power plus milage

they do nothing for the engine and its performance but rob it ,by sucking in hot engine bay air

see if you can return it

the stock air box is much better than a crappy intake like that one

spend the money and get a cold air one or nothing else

This is due to the fact that the air is moving past your O2 sensor to fast. It makes your car go lean. Therefore it flashes a fault code. Short air is the worst you can do. My car has been custom turbo'd. The ambiant air under the hood is around 250 degree's. So the key to making a "cold air" intake work is get it to pull the air from outside the engine bay. Before my car was turbo'd I had a hole cut through the fender where my sock air box sat. It gave me a 9 horse power increase.

Derek

I like it. Is that the cheapest you can sell it for? Just curious. Also the video did nit work. It does look very stock. I like that. Any chance on a group buy special price? I am sure people are interested. Also, do you have any l-tuned exhaust, and how much? Thanks

the "lextasy" intake is the proper way to get added rwhp and also you won't sound like a honda :chairshot: . The air doesnot get the chance to speed up, the carbon fiber intake is engineered to keep the air from speeding up causing fault codes. Get ahold of steve you won't be dissapointed

steve@lextasy.com

Derek