Feng Shui

denslexusgx470

I'm deciding on a house (actually 2 of them) and I need some feng shui advice. I know feng shui sounds stupid to some people, but since I'm Filipino, it's kinda already in the family traits. My question is this: The house is located on almost the direction of the car, after going around a cul-de-sac. well i really can't explain it, but it's the feng shui that the energy (or car) is going towards the front of your house. The only thing is, the energy is going towards, maybe, kinda towards the garage.

now i had a client before that believes in a lot of feng shui (facing west, floor sunken when entering, number, straight doors from the front to the back, and this energy going towards the house) and i told her about this situation and showed her pictures. she said it's ok cuz the car is turning left and the car is then curving, not going directly towards the house.

i'll post up pix when i can find them. but if anyone knows anything about this, PLEASE HELP!!!!!

I'm deciding on a house (actually 2 of them) and I need some feng shui advice. I know feng shui sounds stupid to some people, but since I'm Filipino, it's kinda already in the family traits. My question is this: The house is located on almost the direction of the car, after going around a cul-de-sac. well i really can't explain it, but it's the feng shui that the energy (or car) is going towards the front of your house. The only thing is, the energy is going towards, maybe, kinda towards the garage.

now i had a client before that believes in a lot of feng shui (facing west, floor sunken when entering, number, straight doors from the front to the back, and this energy going towards the house) and i told her about this situation and showed her pictures. she said it's ok cuz the car is turning left and the car is then curving, not going directly towards the house.

i'll post up pix when i can find them. but if anyone knows anything about this, PLEASE HELP!!!!!

I don't know as much as I should about Feng Shui but you should follow your heart and let the car take you there. That will be the right house for you. :D

Please explain what exactly Feng Shui is?  :blink:  :unsure:

:cheers:

well, i'm not really good at explaining this, but it's like a set of "regulations" that determines whether the house is "good" luck or "bad" lcuk. it's like, depending on how the energy goes. for example. let's say you walk thru the front door and walk straight thru ur house and walk thru the back door, it means that the $$$ goes in the house and out thru the back.

not really sure how to explain it, but my family is really into this feng shui stuff. that's why it's hard to pick between these two houses. The one i really want is located in a very good area code, but kinda has some feng shui issues. the other one, doesn't have any issues but i don't like the area code. :unsure:

Please explain what exactly Feng Shui is?   :blink:   :unsure:

well, i'm not really good at explaining this, but it's like a set of "regulations" that determines whether the house is "good" luck or "bad" lcuk. it's like, depending on how the energy goes. for example. let's say you walk thru the front door and walk straight thru ur house and walk thru the back door, it means that the $$$ goes in the house and out thru the back.

not really sure how to explain it, but my family is really into this feng shui stuff. that's why it's hard to pick between these two houses. The one i really want is located in a very good area code, but kinda has some feng shui issues. the other one, doesn't have any issues but i don't like the area code. :unsure:

http://www.qi-whiz.com/

Kind of like many Asian cultures see the number 4 as 'death' or 'bad luck' (and do not want the number 4 on their home or live on the 4th floor as an example) & see the number 8 as 'prosperity' kind of thing? B) Same as some see 13 as bad luck & others good luck. ;) Intresting stuff.

picture of the car facing the two houses (the street is a cul-de-sac) now which house will be hit if the car goes straight and doesn't turn left or right?? (the house i'm interested in is the one on the left)

15365340721530l.jpg

picture of the car turning left.

15365449617739l.jpg

now if the feng shui concerns the door only, this is a shot from the front door facing out.

15365540333017l.jpg

Thanx in advance for any advice. I really really need advice right away as to if i should make an offer on it or not.

Perhaps you can find a realtor that knows feng shui and what houses would be good.

my dad is the realtor and after going thru a lot of talk with the family, this is the only one that really fits our criteria. :(

I'd say the house on the right would be the one "hit" with the energy, if the car wasn't turning, assuming the person driving fast is driving on the right side of the road. :huh:

Energy from a car turning left wouldn't "affect" the house on the left as much because once they're making the turn, they're heading perpendicular to the house, and not towards it. I use quotes because I'm not sure if I'm really using the terms correctly. The house on the left looks like it's the best bet of the two. Happy house hunting! :)

Hate to say it but if it was me AND if I cared about Feng Shui, I'd stay away from both. It is such a gray area that you will always wonder. I know this is potentially in the far future but there is also the resale. If you are having this much issues with it, there are others who are in you predicament too. When selling, you've already eliminated a whole bunch of potential buyers.

How long has this house been on the market? If the seller is lucky, s/he will find a buyer who cares nothing about Feng Shui but I am sure the seller is already handicapped by the house location.

When it comes down to it, if you can live with the issue, then do it. If not, then reduce the stress and keep looking. Trying to find the fine print definition to rationalize the purchase might get you into the house but if it is as important to you (and your family) and it seems like it is, it will come back to bug you later on.

Just my .02. Good luck on the decision/search. :)

Because the house is offset from the driving lane (i.e. the energy would "hit" the house on the right side in the picture), it will be OK as far as Feng Shui is concerned. The front door is not affected by this problem at all and that is what you should be most concerned with.

As you probably know - there are also "fixes" to remedy bad Feng Shui designs if you feel that the garage may be minimally afected. For instance in this case if it bothers you, you could plant a hedge on the right side of your driveway by the curb that would intercept any bad energy coming from the street. You could hang something on the garage door to absorb or deflect the energy as well.

If the other aspects of the house fit your needs and fall in line with the principals then you should be OK.

Because the house is offset from the driving lane (i.e. the energy would "hit" the house on the right side in the picture), it will be OK as far as Feng Shui is concerned.  The front door is not affected by this problem at all and that is what you should be most concerned with. 

As you probably know - there are also "fixes" to remedy bad Feng Shui designs if you feel that the garage may be minimally afected.  For instance in this case if it bothers you, you could plant a hedge on the right side of your driveway by the curb that would intercept any bad energy coming from the street.  You could hang something on the garage door to absorb or deflect the energy as well.

If the other aspects of the house fit your needs and fall in line with the principals then you should be OK.

oh, ok. thanx. yea everything except the feng shui fits my criteria. i already consulted this with a previous client of mine that believes in almost every feng shui there is available! :o geez. so she says it's ok, then i say it's ok! ;)

Hate to say it but if it was me AND if I cared about Feng Shui, I'd stay away from both.  It is such a gray area that you will always wonder.  I know this is potentially in the far future but there is also the resale.  If you are having this much issues with it, there are others who are in you predicament too.  When selling, you've already eliminated a whole bunch of potential buyers.

How long has this house been on the market?  If the seller is lucky, s/he will find a buyer who cares nothing about Feng Shui but I am sure the seller is already handicapped by the house location.

When it comes down to it, if you can live with the issue, then do it.  If not, then reduce the stress and keep looking.  Trying to find the fine print definition to rationalize the purchase might get you into the house but if it is as important to you (and your family) and it seems like it is, it will come back to bug you later on.

Just my .02.  Good luck on the decision/search. :)

actually this house has been on the market for 118 days. what happened was that it had been waaaay over priced when they first listed it. so now i have basis for a big discount, which is what i typed (or my dad did) on the offer. B)

Here's a thing about Feng-Shui, when you start believing it, it's in your head cause that's what you're gonna think about everyday and then it becomes true ...at least most of the times. But mostly I think it's the way we feel about the orientation of things in places, for example, I can't stand being in a triangle room, it feels like some energy or something pushes me from the three angles and I'm stuck in the middle....and some people have to have their beds and desks facing a specific direction, if not they can't work or sleep. But some people have no problem with anything like that. So if you REALLY believe in Feng-Shui...I don't think either house is great, because it's a possibility that someone might just hit anyone of them...some things just happen when you least expect them. If you're afraid that someone is going hit the house, I guess you'd be feeling the same way if you buy it. You should do what your heart tells you, if you're happy and comfortable with the house.

Oh...and another thing...you don't have to live in a place that is likely to be hit to be hit...you could live solo on top of a mountain and have some crazy drunk pilot accidentally crashing his helicopter on top of your house... :glare:

Oh...and another thing...you don't have to live in a place that is likely to be hit to be hit...you could live solo on top of a mountain and have some crazy drunk pilot accidentally crashing his helicopter on top of your house... :glare:

well, that's a little too extreme. anything can happen (like a bomb fall on a house that's in the middle of a cluster of houses) but since there's the feng shui going on in the family when buying a house, we happened to run into this one particular "slight" or "maybe not" feng shui problem. ;)

made an offer already. they'd better go for it. it's been on the market for 119 days now. besides, it's "Help -U- Sell" so the owner really got whacked tryin to sell his home for the first few months with their $3950 deal of the company providing some stuff, and it's all up 2 u