Does Anyone Here Owns A Bmw Or Mb?

dickholy

if you have, please share ur experience with me. i am now looking for bmw 3 or 5, or MB ml, all around the year 2001. but i just curious about the dependbility about those cars compare to lexus es300 which i own now. i hope those cars will not require expensive parts always be replaced.

if you have, please share ur experience with me. i am now looking for bmw 3 or 5, or MB ml, all around the year 2001. but i just curious about the dependbility about those cars compare to lexus es300 which i own now. i hope those cars will not require expensive parts always be replaced.

Dependability of either the BMW & the Benz on all their models does NOT compare to the dependability of any model Lexus! On top of that, the parts for the BMW & Benz are generally more expensive.

I have been an avid BMW owner for many years. I have owned some version of just about every model during that period of time (from a 1973 2002 tii (which I still have) to an M roadster, 750iL, 745iL, an X5 4.4 and Z8 (both of which I also still own).

There is no question that the parts and maintenance costs on these cars will be somewhat higher than many other models (probably Lexus included). There is also no doubt that they will also be amazingly fun to drive and will have terrific handling and performance. In addition, '01 BMW's are particularly attractive since this was before the company remodeled.

As far as the ML is concerned, I've known a great many ML owners and have yet to find one who has a nice thing to say about the ML. Don't know if that helped.

I have owned both and would never go back to another German car again. I had a '99 C Class Mercedes and my wife drove a '00 325i for a while. Both cars were incredibly fun to drive and the build quality was excellent on both. I always preferred Mercedes styling and pedigree over BMW, but he three pointed star has been tarnished recently and BMW is reated higher than MB in overall reliability and initial quality by JD Power right now. Regardless all German makers have suffered serious reliability problems in the last decade that make them, IMHO, much less attractive when compared to Lexus.

The electrical system was terrible in both cars and more so in the Mercedes. I found myself having the car worked on more than any Japanese car that I have ever owned.

Parts are 10 - 50% more expensive on MB & BMW than for Lexus - especially since some of your engine parts are compatible w/ the Camry. Service labor at the dealersip was more expensive than my local Lexus dealer and the service department didn't treat me as well as Lexus. Availability of a loaner was questionable where Lexus always has one. Be ready to spend much more in repair costs and experience more frequent repairs if you choose to drive a German car.

If you really must have a German car then get the last version of the 5 Series (before the remodel ruined it). It had better than average reliability and is fun to drive. I wouldn't touch a Mercedes made after 1999. If you just want to upgrade from the ES, why not look at a GS or even an LS. The LS is an entirely different level of car than the ES and 5-Series all together.

My wife bought a BMW 316i new in 1995. We traded it in, in 2003 for a GS430 (which we later sold), because it had 308,000 miles on it and was starting to make a noise while accelerating. But, i have to say that nothing big broke on it. Nothing serious at least. I don't remember the specifics, but the cost wasn't "that" bad. We got lucky. And since it was only 8 years old, there wasn't enough time for things to break..the mileage was all highway.

I currently own a 2004 BMW 745Li. I only have a few thousand miles on it so nothing has broken on it. Butttt...i will be selling it this week because we have another baby on the way and we need to save our money for things that really matter :(

I also had an 03 S600....I wouldnt buy another again; not enough car for the money in my opinion. The LS is worth more for the money.

My wife bought a BMW 316i new in 1995. We traded it in, in 2003 for a GS430 (which we later sold), because it had 308,000 miles on it and was starting to make a noise while accelerating. But, i have to say that nothing big broke on it. Nothing serious at least. I don't remember the specifics, but the cost wasn't "that" bad. We got lucky. And since it was only 8 years old, there wasn't enough time for things to break..the mileage was all highway.

I currently own a 2004 BMW 745Li. I only have a few thousand miles on it so nothing has broken on it. Butttt...i will be selling it this week because we have another baby on the way and we need to save our money for things that really matter  :(

I also had an 03 S600....I wouldnt buy another again; not enough car for the money in my opinion. The LS is worth more for the money.

Our family has 1 es, 1 gs, and a mercedes conv.. The merce is broken more often than not, and those w/ lexi's have grown weary of transporting the owner of the mercedes to and from firestone! The lexus will retain its value longer, and will be a more pleasuable experience.