Antenna Mast Again

crazyls

92 ls 400

newbie here, have done the search found that its easy to reinstall the mast now the question is do I have to go to the lexus dealer to get the mast or can I go to a toyota dealer and ask for the 92 camry part? Think I've read they're equivalent!

thanks

tr

92 ls 400

newbie here, have done the search found that its easy to reinstall the mast now the question is do I have to go to the lexus dealer to get the mast or can I go to a toyota dealer and ask for the 92 camry part?  Think I've read they're equivalent!

thanks

tr

There are plenty of antenna masts for any Lexus on Ebay. Just do a search.

Very true. I would think there would be one at the automotive stores as well. I would not spend a lot of money on one in my personal opinion, as it will probably break again, and again. Especially if you live where it dips below freezing. I've burned up two in other cars due to ice locking the thing down, or when it is up, gets wet, freezes, turn the car off and it want to retrack but can't...burns it up.

Oh, and maybe one or two accidential trips through the car wash back in the day. Hey, it's Marley, man....it's marley.

We tried soem graphite spray right before ours died . Its noce because it doesnt attract dust. I bought amast off the bay and it honestly took 4.3 seconds to replace. I was !Removed! around with th eold one and got oil all over the place. Oh well, it wasnt my white coat in the trunk : ). No, I cleaned it off.

thanks