Power Antenna

kmb4701

Hello All,

Last night I experienced a problem with my power antenna. I turned the car off and my antenna would not retract. I heard the motor going but it would not move.

I got out and lightly pushed on it and it went all the way down. Today I turned on the radio and it came up 3/4 of the way. I still heard the motor and some clicking when it wouldn't go up anymore. When I turned the radio off it retracted all of the way. I could hear the radio just fine. Every audio store wants me to replace the entire thing but I don't think so if it's working any at all. Does anyone out there have any suggestions.

Thanks in Advance,

Keven

1996 ES300

post-12293-1124310687_thumb.jpg

read my sig below

I searched before I posted. I'm not a rookie. I just thought my problem was a tad bit different. Do you search theses forums attempting to be an *BLEEP* to everyone. That's what it seems like. I take my car matters seriously. Either give advice trying to help the situation or keep it to yourself.

Keven

the word "antenna" is very common beacuse every week someone come on here asking how to fix it but never even reads an FAQ !

If i thought you actually had something that had never come up atleast 3-4 times a month i would let you know.

Everyone gets so lazy and expects others to do the leg work reading and learning.

kmb4701,

Get someone to turn on your ignition and turn on the radio while you help pull the antenna up. Clean all the mast sections and lubricate them with WD40 or the like. Then have the helper turn off the radio while you help push the antenna down carefully. After two or three such cycles you should be on your way. If this doesn't fix the problem, you'll have to remove the antenna unit from the car and disassemble, clean and lube it with white grease. Some of us aren't afraid to take the time to be helpful, rather than embarass you.

Eh, or you could read the FAQ, or search on any average ES/Windom/Camry/Solara/Vista forum & find the answers. ;)

Lighten up guys. Or else I'm pulling out the arsenal of amusingly dirty forum pictures!

owned_baby.jpg

That happens to be the least offencive picture of the bunch. ;)

• 1 month later...
the word "antenna" is very common beacuse every week someone come on here asking how to fix it but never even reads an FAQ !

If i thought you actually had something that had never come up atleast 3-4 times a month i would let you know.

Everyone gets so lazy and expects others to do the leg work reading and learning.

whats a cig? and whats a faq?

he wrote sig, not cig. This is short for signature. That is the personal touch that each member can program to display at the bottom of each of their individual posts. SKperformance's signature has some hints and links about proper bulleting board etiquette.

faq stands for Frequently Asked Questions. Go back to the main menu of the ES forum. Look under the "pinned" threads, these are the ones listed at the top of the menu of threads. You will find a thread specific for the frequently asked questions pertaining to most ES models.

steviej

I have a similar problem with the antenna on my '93 ES300. It always goes up, but sometimes it needs a little "nudge" in order to go down. I think there's just a bit too much friction in the other segments for it to work reliably. There's one section that's stuck in the down position and absolutely will not budge, even with the antenna completely removed. I just ordered a replacement antenna from a guy on eBay for about $18. We'll see how it works when I get it.

read my sig below

I searched before I posted. I'm not a rookie. I just thought my problem was a tad bit different. Do you search theses forums attempting to be an *BLEEP* to everyone. That's what it seems like. I take my car matters seriously. Either give advice trying to help the situation or keep it to yourself.

Keven

read my sig below

Keven

I'm with you keven, we are not all perfect ...........

he wrote sig, not cig. This is short for signature. That is the personal touch that each member can program to display at the bottom of each of their individual posts. SKperformance's signature has some hints and links about proper bulleting board etiquette.

faq stands for Frequently Asked Questions. Go back to the main menu of the ES forum. Look under the "pinned" threads, these are the ones listed at the top of the menu of threads. You will find a thread specific for the frequently asked questions pertaining to most ES models.

well thankyou very much,Stevie

steviej