Just Did Some Maintance On My 98

SKperformance

I ordered some parts from the dealer as i needed to do them.

Acessory belt was squeeling first thing every morning so i ordered a new one from lexus for $60, i thought it would be a pain by taking off the fan or shroud but it took me a whole 3 minutes to remove and replace.

Changed the oil to motul full synthetic 8100 syn based ester with OEM filter.

It sounded alittle too loud under idle for a Lexus so i decided t give it some nice cleaning oil .I wanted to flush it with a cleaner but with 250 000km seals can easily start to fail so i stuck to normal stuff as i don't have a single leak right now.

Lexus filter 3 for $15 ,motul 8100 10w 40 $70 .After changing the engien sounded slightly better,now after 3 days it is much quieter.Can't wait to hear the difference after i go to lexfest this weekend for the long drive again.

I got new wiper inserts from Lexus which are now grey and are imprgenated and covered in teflon. For $10 , 6 and 4 each it was a great difference ,alittle weird swapping the metal inserts to them but it works amazing ,i always heard oem toyota inserts were great but for the price they truely are.

Redid my calipers with an anodized finish so now they look like Bembro orange. They look very nice to me behind the rims.

Also added my rims which are OZ Opera's 2 peice 20x8.5 front and rears 9.5 . They have a polished lip and a painted silver center.I only have the rears on as iam having the front 2 refinished and waiting for spacers as they won't clear the front calipers.

I'll put picks up whe i get the other 2 rims on as i am not proud of doing the half rim thing but the car isn;t moving anywhere and i won't get the other rims back until i am almost ready to go to lexfest so it will reduce the overall install time.

where do you get that oil rom b/c sometimes my car sounds too loud upon star up and when its idling but sometimes you wouldnt even know its on i just switched to mobile1 full syn about a month ago but i havent done that much driving do you think thats the problem? and what did you use to paint the calipers?

I would go and give it a nice country drive for about 2 hours without traffic to get the oil to clean up.

Motul is race oil ,it is total overkill for me but i want this car to resist wear.

not sure where in NYC it is found.

G2 is one of the best caliper paints sold and is form tire rack which rebadges it from foliatec in germany.

My calipers have an anodized coating now but paint is good .

did you use a brush to paint it on? ill get that drive i this week and its going to *BLEEP* me off b/c i have to pick my son up in baltimore this friday but i cant get to lexfest b/c i have to bring hi back to ny for a b-day party this wasplanned months ago. by the way can i get replacements for those inserts tats on both sides of the widshield on the outside i think theyre supposedto be black but the metal is starting to show in spots

Actually, a few a couple of weeks ago, I saw a black LS with silver painted calipers, and they look good from behind the rims. We have big !Removed! calipers, and would look real nice if they were more visible.

Not sure how to go about painting mine, but I seriously got the itch now.

SK- The stock Lexus blades (blades from Toyota ARE different) are truly the best. Even the $40 a peice metalless Valeo wipers I have aren't as good as the OEM Lexus blades.

I agree, I've tried all other wipers on my car, and NONE of them come close to my OEM replacements. PLUS they are only 10bucs, you cant beat it. I would still buy them if they were $40 for what they offer.

<------------- rains EVERY day out here.

Edit: Lol, it was even raining when I took the pic for my sig.