Windshield Rock Chip

I have a small qouge from the point of a rock that has made about an 1/8th inch chip in the windshield. It is not a star or crack at this point, just a very shallow divot as if an ice pick were used on the window. Should i just have it repaired like any other glass or is there something else i need to know. Thanks

I don't know if it makes any difference to filling a chip, but the RX400H glass is suppose to be some kind of sound deadening glass.

If a problem got severe enough to warrant replacement of the windshield, one would want to get the same kind.

All Lexus made after 1998 use a double thick sound deadening windshield. I'd always request OEM glass.

Doesnt sound like this is worth replacing and its just gonna happen again, trust me.

I have a small qouge from the point of a rock that has made about an 1/8th inch chip in the windshield.  It is not a star or crack at this point, just a very shallow divot as if an ice pick were used on the window.  Should i just have it repaired like any other glass or is there something else i need to know.  Thanks

I suggest you pick up a kit ~$14.95 in the auto parts store. It's not difficult to do.

I have used these on my ES300 and the RX330. I have fixed bullet type stars and the type you describe. Do it quickly before dirt and moisture get in there.

Most insurance companies will have this type of windshield damage fixed for free - no deductible at all. The glass repair people come to you, whether you're at home or at the office. They did an excellent job with my Mazda windshield's chip.