Hauling Capacity

PK_Lex

I was wondering what is the hauling capacity for 94LS400. If there are 5 passengers with an average weight of 200lbs, will my car be ok with it? Plus I also need to put some luggage in the trunk which will probably be around 60-70lbs.

I have recently gotten new struts and control arms put in, but I notice that the car goes down quite a bit in the back when there are 3 full size passengers sitting (but there is no rubbing).

Would you advice not to take this car for a long trip with that much weight? Otherwise I'll take the other car and not take any chances with my lexus.

Thanks.

I was wondering what is the hauling capacity for 94LS400.  If there are 5 passengers with an average weight of 200lbs, will my car be ok with it?  Plus I also need to put some luggage in the trunk which will probably be around 60-70lbs.

I have recently gotten new struts and control arms put in, but I notice that the car goes down quite a bit in the back when there are 3 full size passengers sitting (but there is no rubbing).

Would you advice not to take this car for a long trip with that much weight?  Otherwise I'll take the other car and not take any chances with my lexus.

Thanks.

There's a Gross Vehicle Weight (GVW) on one of the ID plates inside the door jamb. Take that weight and subtract the weight of the car and that will give you the capacity that you can carry. Also for high weight and long miles, put about 3 to 4 PSI more than normal air in the tires.

The owner's manual I have for 1994 European / U.K. LS400's recommends 33 psi front and 39 psi rear for a fully loaded vehicle driven at less than 100 mph (see attachment).

One issue to consider if you will be doing much driving at night is that your headlight beams will likely be tilted upward by the increased weight giving you a poor view of the road ahead and blinding oncoming drivers. You might consider manually adjusting the headlight beams downward a bit before you start out on your trip.

This was not a problem on European / U.K. LS400's since they had a manual headlight beam adjustment dial on the dash - similar to the one on the Toyota Sienna van with HID.

post-2157-1124292652_thumb.jpg