Heated Seats

I have a Gs300 which seems to be running well except for the fact that the 2 front heated seats are not working.

Both lights come on when switched on but that's about it.

Is there a separate fuse for the heated seats?

Or is this a much more serious problem.

Hope you can help.

cheers

colin

colhenderson_@hotmail.com

I have a Gs300 which seems to be running well except for the fact that the 2 front heated seats are not working.

Hope you can help.

cheers

colin

Since they both don't work, it could be a fuse, versus the odds of both heaters going out. What year is your GS?

Hope you can help.

cheers

colin

Since they both don't work, it could be a fuse, versus the odds of both heaters going out. What year is your GS?

1995 model

I had the same question when I bought my 98 GS300 in the summer time. Well guess what? Winter time they were working just fine. I think they are linked to the temperature indicator and just dont turn on if its warm enough. I tried them on one cool summer night and they didnt work, but come around October they were working just fine through the whole winter without any repairs.

• 1 month later...

I had the same question when I bought my 98 GS300 in the summer time. Well guess what? Winter time they were working just fine. I think they are linked to the temperature indicator and just dont turn on if its warm enough. I tried them on one cool summer night and they didnt work, but come around October they were working just fine through the whole winter without any repairs.

I think you are right about the temp indicator NJ. I noticed the same thing on my GS400.

The seats have a temp saftey switch that turns off if it gets too hot,but that is not the problem.

All lexus have weak heated seat systems to say the least.

As they age it will become even less noticable , you only notice it more in the winter as the leather is colder and makes a stark contrast from the summer months.