Tires For Gs400

I have a 1999 GS 400, and I love it except it performs horribly in the snow. We would like to purchase snow tires this year, but don't want to spend the $ if it won't improve the slipping/sliding in winter weather.

Does anyone have any experience with this car and snow tires?

I have a 1999 GS 400, and I love it except it performs horribly in the snow.  We would like to purchase snow tires this year, but don't want to spend the $ if it won't improve the slipping/sliding in winter weather.

Get yourself a set of Blizzaks for the winter. Amazing traction around town.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?ti...re1=yes&place=0

I have a 1999 GS 400, and I love it except it performs horribly in the snow.  We would like to purchase snow tires this year, but don't want to spend the $ if it won't improve the slipping/sliding in winter weather.

Blizzaks are good yes.....there might be others to consider as well. What is the exact tire size you need bethellen? B)

:cheers:

living in canada i see my fair share of snow. when i was cruisin a bmw i bought the blizzak ws-50 i think it was. its probly the best studdless tire you can get for snow traction, and ice traction. its a little expensive but think of the consequences of getting tires with poor snow/ice traction. youll be hitting curbs or worse and your baby will be messed up.

i also noticed that the ws-50 didnt even look like they wore at all after 2 years.... amazing

Can the Blizzak's be worn all year-around or is it strickly for winter use?

The blizzaks are strictly for winter driving. You should have a set of summer tires.

depending on summer time heat you would burn through a set of winter tires in a summer season. the composition of the winter tires is different im pretty sure and i know its not good to be driving on them alot much above 15degrees celcius.....or i guess in american ~ 60f??

it is kinda fun tho when theres no snow and the roads are dry...cruising around on the winters cus theyre really grippy

I'm ashamed to say I have no idea what my tire size is. .  I'm sure my husband knows, but he's on a plane right now.  I'll check tonight.

Just check the sidewall of the tire or look on the drivers door jamb for the correct size. Also explained in the owners manual. B)

:cheers: