Tint, How Dark Is Too Dark.

choiboyogg

sup guys,

i just got my car tinted yesterday. when i ordered the tint, they had all their tint up against a white board so i went with dark which didnt look so dark.

but i didnt factor in the fact that looking inside will be darker and that viewing through the windows will double up the tint. therefore having a darker look.

so now i am worried about getting a "fix it" which costs around $80.

i am thinking about getting it redone. what do you guys think?

i paid $150 for the tint.

sup guys,

i just got my car tinted yesterday. when i ordered the tint, they had all their tint up against a white board so i went with dark which didnt look so dark.

but i didnt factor in the fact that looking inside will be darker and that viewing through the windows will double up the tint. therefore having a darker look.

so now i am worried about getting a "fix it" which costs around $80.

i am thinking about getting it redone. what do you guys think?

i paid $150 for the tint.

Check with your state laws and definetly stay within the guidelines to avoid a ticket.

When I bought my tint, I had 3 choices for the shade darkness......light (35%), medium (20%) & dark (5% or 'limo tint'). I factored in the colour of the interior, the sun fading it over time (they say it's fade resistand, but were talking about the sun here) and of corse the appearance. I went with the medium shade as it looked the best & was not a problem seeing out driving at night time, which the limo or 5% shade is. I put the same shade on all the windows (except windshield of course) & used a Llumar 'metalizied' & scratch resistant type of tint. B)

:cheers:

thanks lexus freak, i guess its different for all brands and companys. my dark is your medium.

i got a dark which is 20% so i guess we have the same shade.

here's what mine looks like

drk_tint.jpg

dont mind the "rims" its just my template to put rims on.

I noticed you referenced Orange County, and wondered if that is So Cal. Back in 2001, I lived in Lancaster, Ca, and was told that medium tint was illegal on the front side windows. I went with it anyway, and never had a problem. But I still notice Cal cars here in Nevada that have no tint on the front sides, just the rear sides and the back windows. Looks like crap, especially on SUV's. Be careful.

I noticed you referenced Orange County, and wondered if that is So Cal.  Back in 2001, I lived in Lancaster, Ca, and was told that medium tint was illegal on the front side windows.  I went with it anyway, and never had a problem.  But I still notice Cal cars here in Nevada that have no tint on the front sides, just the rear sides and the back windows.  Looks like crap, especially on SUV's.  Be careful.

If I see a police officer around I roll down my front drivers window & have never had a problem personally, but I agree just be careful. ;)

:cheers:

I would be careful of the 5%. I mean if you get pulled over they will make you take it off.

If you have 35 on the front and 20 on the back roll down the windows and be nice.. They dont bother you..

Also at night its easier to see out your side windows if you are not used to tint. 20% is dark at night so 5% is really dark..