Clicking Underneath On Acceleration

eric618

Hi guys,

On my RX300 (which I still have cause the Acura dealers wanted to rape me on a trade) has recently been making a strange high-pitched sharp clicking underneath on acclereration. It's pretty loud. It does it one or more times and then stops. Does not do it at speed unless the car downshifts/speeds up quickly. Does not do it in reverse. Does not do it as often in park.

I have not been underneath it yet to look. I've been too disgusted to check recently. I do need to get to it soon though. It's annoying as all hell, especially when I combine THAT click with the front end click/knock on bumps/turns that I never fixed, despite checking everything out several times (myself and local garage) and replacing the strut mounts.

I know this isn't a "Slander Lexus" forum, so I'll keep my exceptionally negative comments to myself!

I do appreciate the help though!!! Thanks in advance!

Do you have the AWD model? If so, it may very well be your transmission beginning to fail. Check your automatic transmission fluid for proper level as well as color, odor, and possible debris.

I had a 99 Rx300 AWD transmission go out on me, and i didn't hear any sound like what you described. "Could" very well be that the tranny IS on its way out though. I would get it looked at by a professional asap before something else breaks.

Thanks guys....

It's not a tranny problem, from what I can tell. (although it's sad that people jump toward tranny problems on a LEXUS.... Shows where the flaws are, huh? Pathetic, IMO!)

Naw, the click-noise is obviously something loose, like a heat shield, etc.. It's not coming from within a component. It's just that I don't wanna troubleshot it without guidance. As I said, it only does in on acceleration. Makes it hard to pinpoint when one is under the car! LOL. Definitely not an internal component.

Hell, all I need is my tranny to go south. THEN, I'll have had EVERY Lexus malady mentioned happen to me!!! Please pardon my expressions, but these vehicles are high-priced garbage. I literally hate myself for buying in to their sales rhetoric. The simpe quote of "the relentless pursuit of perfection" sickens me.

For those of you that disagree, you will change your tune soon enough. I will make any wager you'd like on that!

For those that offered opinions, thank you.

Thanks guys....

It's not a tranny problem, from what I can tell.  (although it's sad that people jump toward tranny problems on a LEXUS.... Shows where the flaws are, huh?  Pathetic, IMO!)

Naw, the click-noise is obviously something loose, like a heat shield, etc..  It's not coming from within a component.  It's just that I don't wanna troubleshot it without guidance.  As I said, it only does in on acceleration.  Makes it hard to pinpoint when one is under the car! LOL.  Definitely not an internal component.

Hell, all I need is my tranny to go south.  THEN, I'll have had EVERY Lexus malady mentioned happen to me!!!  Please pardon my expressions, but these vehicles are high-priced garbage.  I literally hate myself for buying in to their sales rhetoric.  The simpe quote of "the relentless pursuit of perfection" sickens me.

For those of you that disagree, you will change your tune soon enough.  I will make any wager you'd like on that!

For those that offered opinions, thank you.

its funny how u mention this cause i dont entirely agree with u but thats just my opinion. every car maker has some "lemons" that just cant be avoidable. also, ive owned 3 lexus made cars and none of them have had serious problems...in fact no problems at all. u just gotta get lucky and not get hte bad ones. anothe reason that i havent had this stuff happen to me is that i trade them in like 4 years later. thats something to think about. also i think they changed their slogan to just "The Passionate Pursuit of Perfection". :P