Pictures Of My Daughter's Rx300

LexKid630

I've always wondered, what that little black button type protrusion right where the winshield hits the dashboard, actually on the dashboard? It's seen in the reflection of the 5th picture in your second post Lex. I have it in my 4Runner, but it's not in the manual, maybe it's the temperature gauge?

I've always wondered, what that little black button type protrusion right where the winshield hits the dashboard, actually on the dashboard?  It's seen in the reflection of the 5th picture in your second post Lex.  I have it in my 4Runner, but it's not in the manual, maybe it's the temperature gauge?

It's the dusk sensor i think...So when it starts to get dark out the headlights come on. Not 100% sure though.

I've always wondered, what that little black button type protrusion right where the winshield hits the dashboard, actually on the dashboard?  It's seen in the reflection of the 5th picture in your second post Lex.  I have it in my 4Runner, but it's not in the manual, maybe it's the temperature gauge?

one of them is the temperature thing, the other is for the headlights.

I'll have to take a picture of mone during the day, flash sucks. :rolleyes:

I don't have auto on/off headlights (the dusk sensor) in my 4Runner, but when you say the temperature thing, do you mean for inside or outside temperature?

I actually think it might be for the Homelink transponder on the driver sunvisor.

Why would they put the temperature sensor on the top of the dash panel where the sun hits directly?? It's obviously for the inside if anything....

In this picture look at the keys in the ignition..Under the IRA LEXUS thing there are a few slits in the under dash panel. I thought this was where the inside temp sensor was?

post-13420-1123119641_thumb.jpg