Aftermarket Cd Player

The place that installed mine in Tampa put my single din headunit in the center of the old gap, and cut a piece that fit around it and fill the gap. I will post a pic when I get home later. They didn't do a very good job, the piece is basically just sitting in the gap, they just made it slightly bigger than the hole so the flexible plasic is just jammed in there.

why not just pick up a double din unit? The price difference is minimal. The other option is to build one yourself. I put a nav screen in my runner. Basically cut out a piece of wood which encases the screen and then wrap it in vinyl. then jus push it into place. Make sure it has a snug fit and it won't go anywhere.

95275234lnmigdph8ta.jpg

If you can't build it yourself, take it to a local tweeter or custom stereo place and they can make on for you. But honestly, I'd eather look into a factory replacement stereo off of Ebay or a double din one that will fit.

I'll take pics of my setup when I get home from work.

The trim piece doesn't fit right since our space isn't as wide as a normal double din space. So the ghetto tape is holding it right now at the top til I make a better way to mount it. I added some Boston Acoustic 5.25s to replace the dry rotted rears, replaced the sub with a Rockford Phosgate P110S4 and it barelyyyy fit above the gas tank. Bypassed the factory amps, and a 300watt amp is powering the sub and the front/rears are running off the deck right now. Sounds good, but the fronts crackle if I turn it up too much. I might add some 6.5s in the rear and move the 5.25s to the front to get more mids. The shop built the tray for cheap, looks ok for now, but would it look better with smooth platic instead of that rough stuff??

104_0460.JPG

104_0458.JPG