Wheel Modification Question

dupid

I just purchased a 97 ES300 and wish to upgrade my wheels to 16 or 17 inches. I searched the FAQ and found little suggestion. I read a post regarding upgrade to IS300s with tire size of 215/50 wr17 tires. I would like hear some replies from club members having made wheel changes. I am a former wide lip fan and still somewhat hesitant to change to the flat spoke facing. Also, I ask, is 17 going to ruin my confort? I know there will be a reduction, however, I would like the help of those having made such a change. I am a first time Lexus owner Right now my 97 has 73K miles and may be due for struts, I believe I already feel too much on road irregularities. This will be addressed on short order, along with a check of the entire front end, ball joints, tie rods etc. I thank all that reply in advance, a decision must be made immediately since my present tires are perhaps beyond road worthy.

Honkand , in my life i have never heard of anyone getting rims and the abs turing itself off becuase the size is different.

Who told you such a crazy idea?

If you want comfort then don't get rims.

rims are for looks so you HAVE TO GIVE UP ONE OR THE OTHER.

Their is no middle as you should already have 16 inch wheels stock.

ABS is not affected. The signal is still produced, cross refferanced between the other sensors, and checked against the transmission speed / back-up rpm/throttle position (In case the main speed sensor has failed).

ABS will continue to operate.

ABS is not affected. The signal is still produced, cross refferanced between the other sensors, and checked against the transmission speed / back-up rpm/throttle position (In case the main speed sensor has failed).

ABS will continue to operate.

I thank all for your replies. I currently have 15" wheels which to me look dated, however, comfort of ride certainly outweighs appearance.