Xenon Bulbs?

BG LEX

Hey guys.. I was wondering how hard it is to take out the standard 9004 bulbs and put some "ultra-wite-lite" or "xenon light bulbs" in our cars?...

i thought it was a simple procedure just like in the manual, but im not to sure if i want to do it myself :wacko:

also, since we dont have the clear headlights is it a good idea, does it look good or will it look too "gangsterish" because the last thing i want to do is ruin the original lexus look B)

any thoughts will be appreciated! :cheers: thanks!

check out the gallery and take a look at my pics of my baby with clear corner lights, as to changing the bulbs, each headlight assembly has 5 screws, you unscrew all of them and move a the whole headlight out a little bit, then there is like a round lock on it, you take it out, partially remove the rubber cover and then you will have an access to change the bulb. whole procedure takes about 30-40 mins and there is nothing hard about it. just takes time.

One of the original headlight bulbs on my 90 went out. I went on over to Advance Auto Parts and picked up a set of "blue" bulbs for about $25. They aren't gangsta blue, just not as yellow as the originals. I replaced both and they do look well..... not as yellow. The illumination provided is superior, and give improved night visablity. The only thing I don't like about them is that now the other smaller running lights on the outside look yellower. My fog lights are still yellow but I hardly ever turn them on anyway. I thing two regular replacement bulbs run under ten bucks. Maybe I'll try to get a night shot and post it in the gallery.

i changed all my lights in to bright white, not blue and it looks really good, i also changed my taillights to the "JDM" style:) i dont know if it looks better or not, i think a little bit, you can c it in the gallery. you can buy them at www.procarparts.com or on ebay

take me a hour or more to change my bulbs, i guess i'm doing it the stupid way taking out the airfilter and battery to access the bulbs :wacko:

if you dont want the "gangsterish" blue color you can always try sylvania silverstars. very bright and pretty much beam outs white.

i hear razo and piaa platinum series have the true white colors, isntead of that typical blue tint.

tried all of them, they all burn out after 2-3 month

take MTEC, very good brand and so far no problems for 6 month

The main reason why your bulbs burn out that fast is probably because you touched the bulbs with your fingers. That shortens the life of the bulb by 10 fold. The grease from your hands/fingers causes the bulb to burn out fast. You always change the bulbs with a paper towel or a light cloth. NEVER TOUCH THE BULB WITH YOUR BARE HANDS.