Bluetooth Phone Benefits?

Assumiong I can get my phonebook into the car (which may not be possible with my motorola e815), I am still unsure of the real bluetooth benefits of the lexus system. MY phone's voice recognition is turned off when tied to the car, yet lexus doesn't have voice recognixtion built in for the phone? Why not? Also, since the phonebook greys out on movement, I cant seem to figure out why lexus put this system in in the first place.

There is no easy way to dial a phone through the system when driving, unless I am missing something?

Thanks, Jim

Get a bluettoth earpeice ,they are way bettter than an incar system.

Concur. I use the Jabra earpiece. Takes apx 30 seconds to link with my cell phone (of course, must have a bluetooth cell.) Extremely lightweight and comfortable, AND I can use my voice dial features/auto-answer via set up on my phone. Apx $125 (but got mine for $30 as my hubby was an AT&T Dayton, NJ corp manager at the time of purchase.)

Get a bluettoth earpeice ,they are way bettter than an incar system.

Concur. I use the Jabra earpiece. Takes apx 30 seconds to link with my cell phone (of course, must have a bluetooth cell.) Extremely lightweight and comfortable, AND I can use my voice dial features/auto-answer via set up on my phone. Apx $125 (but got mine for $30 as my hubby was an AT&T Dayton, NJ corp manager at the time of purchase.)

This is interesting to me and I'll tell you why (and pardon my ignorance but I don't own a cell phone.) My brother recently purchased a 400h. It has the in-car system, yadda, yadda, yadda. His provider is Verizon and he signed a new contract recently. His cell phone is mortally wounded and he needs a new one. From what I have read in the Hybrid forum, the E815 is the way to go but Verizon disables some bluetooth functions (I think). So, you can't xfer your phonebook to the Lexus :angry: But, I saw a post that said the E815 works great with the Lexus in-car system (even though you can't xfer your phonebook from the E815 to the Lexus.) Irrespective of that, are you (two) saying that in your opinion the best setup is the E815 and a bluetooth headset and forget about using the Lexus system?? No chairshots, please. ;)