Lexus Key

sha4000

my question is can a locksmith make a lexus key from a blank off of ebay? i already have the fob(also off ebay) i ask b/c the lex key is cut inside unlike most which are outside i asked the question in another post but no one said anything and i would like to know before i order the blank

I've had an independant locksmith cut a Lexus key for me. He raped me on the price to cut it ($40), but the key worked well.

tthanks blake thats what in wanted to hear and wanda i do have the transponder

I just replaced a broken key for my '98. I got the blank from e-bay - $25, and had it cut local $5. I did not have to replace the transponder, that's going to be the expnesive part. Dealer gets$45 for that. The guy that cut mine would have charged $15 to cut AND program the thing. If yours did not come with instructions, search this forum for transponder and look for posting from bluethunder. Jeff

i went ti sids hardware in brooklyn but the guy said he didnt have the machine to cut a lexus key so ill haveto keep looking for one that can does anyone know of one in the city that has the machine?