Will I Be Happy W/ New Gs300?

Hi all,

I'm a new member of this forum, but have been a long time Lexus owner.

I have had 2 LS400s and am considering buying the new GS300 AWD.

I wondering if any past LS owners have purchased the new GS and what are your thoughts.

My reason for switching to the GS is our son will be off in college next year and we won't need a car that big any longer not that the GS is small.

I am also feeling the need for something a bit more sporty as I approach the big

5-0.

I know I want the DVD nav system and all that comes with that package, but am undecided on the other big options like the parking system. I'm also sorry a Sirius Satellite radio isn't an option as I will need my Howard Stern fix come January.

As for colors I'm leaning towards the Glacier Frost with Ash interior, but that color seems to change in different lights from white to gray to blue. The Glacier White seems closer to my first LS which was a pearl white and I love that car. Cystal White seems a bit bright. My son says Mercury is just tooo silver, but I like it even thought all new cars in DC are either silver or black. I asked about the Cypress and the dealer told me it was really "rare" - that seems a bit odd.

Any help would be appreciated.

Joni

I have an 06 GS300, Blue Onyx Pearl with Cream interior and i LOVE it! i test drove the LS as well and didn't like the ride as much compared to the GS.

Trust me, you will not be dissapointed with a GS.

as for color combinations....I like mine or would also go with the Glacier White with Black interior.

Honestly, you're going to be dissapointed. The GS is a great car, but its nowhere near as smooth and refined as an LS, but its not supposed to be. Its supposed to be a better handling, firmer riding, sportier car.

If you still want to downgrade I'd look at an ES330, a little more similar to the LS in ride by depending on the year and mileage of your LS400 I'd just keep it. It'll be cheaper in the long run and after being in the flagship the other cars are going to feel lighter and less refined.

The best way to tell though is to drive one. Drive it on a test loop then drive your Ls400 on the same loop. That'll tell you.

Hi all,

I'm a new member of this forum, but have been a long time Lexus owner.

I have had 2 LS400s and am considering buying the new GS300 AWD.

I wondering if any past LS owners have purchased the new GS and what are your thoughts.

My reason for switching to the GS is our son will be off in college next year and we won't need a car that big any longer not that the GS is small.

I am also feeling the need for something a bit more sporty as I approach the big

5-0.

I know I want the DVD nav system and all that comes with that package, but am undecided on the other big options like the parking system.  I'm also sorry a Sirius Satellite radio isn't an option as I will need my Howard Stern fix come January.

As for colors I'm leaning towards the Glacier Frost with Ash interior, but that color seems to change in different lights from white to gray to blue.  The Glacier White seems closer to my first LS which was a pearl white and I love that car.  Cystal White seems a bit bright.  My son says Mercury  is just tooo silver, but I like it even thought all new cars in DC are either silver or black.  I asked about the Cypress and the dealer told me it was really "rare" - that seems a bit odd.

Any help would be appreciated.

Joni

I purchased a 2006 GS300 AWD in June. It is Glacier Frost with Black Interior and I love it! I get raves about the color! This is my second GS and before that I had an ES, but I like the style and look of the GS better than any of the other models.

Honestly, you're going to be dissapointed. The GS is a great car, but its nowhere near as smooth and refined as an LS, but its not supposed to be. Its supposed to be a better handling, firmer riding, sportier car.

If you still want to downgrade I'd look at an ES330, a little more similar to the LS in ride by depending on the year and mileage of your LS400 I'd just keep it. It'll be cheaper in the long run and after being in the flagship the other cars are going to feel lighter and less refined.

The best way to tell though is to drive one. Drive it on a test loop then drive your Ls400 on the same loop. That'll tell you.

I agree 100% !!! The Es330 gives you a much better ride than the GS. The GS gives a "sportier" ride. If you want a sporty ride go look at a Mazda or Civic. Lexus is luxury. The LS or ES is your best bet of you want TRUE luxury.

Mazda or Civic?  Sporty ride?:wacko:  :chairshot:

Thanks everyone on your help. I have to admit I'm a bit bummed, but will go take a test drive on Saturday. I knew the LS would give a better ride, and was thinking I wanted something a bit more fun to drive.

I'm not not really real fond of the ES and recently someone told me the LS was an old lady car. I'm starting to think they might be correct. :blushing:

I have already tested the new '05 Acura RL AWD and that car was really nice, but I think the lines on the '06 GS are nicer - am planning on checking out what Infinety has in this price range. The cockpit area on the RL is really high tech looking much more so than the GS.

One reason I wanted to stay w/ Lexus is they are so dependable and so nice to ride in.

As for a Mazda or Civic I don't think so.

Joni

Both the RL and GS are great rides. I do agree with you about the RL interior. The GS is stiffer and louder than the LS, but that is the point of the car. That's why they make different models? Personally although I think the car is unbelievable, the LS is not for me. You need to drive a few different ones in the same class then decide how much sport vs. luxury you really want. Luxury cars have changed soo much in the last 10 years that now most have great power and performance while still being "Luxury". Lexus is not just Luxury, Lexus is reliability. I'm sure the RL would be very reliable also. Having driven all four multiple times(Both GS's, the RL, & LS) it is a tough decision, but they are all different.

I agree 100% !!! The Es330 gives you a much better ride than the GS. The GS gives a "sportier" ride. If you want a sporty ride go look at a Mazda or Civic. Lexus is luxury. The LS or ES is your best bet of you want TRUE luxury.

Well I don't agree with that. Everyone has different tastes thats why Lexus has several models. Believe it or not there are people that have no desire to have an LS. Why do you think BMW is so popular?

I'm not not really real fond of the ES and recently someone told me the LS was an old lady car. I'm starting to think they might be correct.

96% of LS drivers are men.

First question is, do you like your LS? If the answer is yes then what do you care what people think? Whoever said that to you is just jealous. I'm 24 and I drive an ES300, a car with a median driver age of 55. Do I care? No.