Changed My Bulbs From 9006 To 9005

ok i changed my front headlights from silverstars to new 100watt xenon bulbs.they are alot brighter then the silverstars and bluer also but i think i might of made a mistake.i put new sockets in the car also that are high performance to hold up with the higher watt bulb but heres the thing. i put in 9005 sockets instead of 9006 and also 9005 bulbs instead of 9006.i guess thats why they are so much better looking but im now wondering if that can hurt anything.so far in a week now of driving alot at night i havent had a problem but i just want to make sure. also i bought the new sockets at pepboys and they are for higher watt bulbs and looks like its holding up perfect but just need to know for peice of mind.another thing thats weird.even though i now have 9005 in both high beam and low beam if i turn on the high beam its still 10 times brighter then the low beam.is that because the high beams harness has more watts it pushes out?

i posted this in another thread but i figuerd i would start a new topic to get someone to answer me faster because im a bit scared im going to burn something out but its been a week and no problems so far.

i guess nobody ever tried what i did thats why theres no replies.ive been driving with these lights for a while now with no trouble so i guess its fine.pretty bright and very close to hid now.

tell us how much the new headlight assembly costs

when you melt the one you have from over powering it

you have almost doubled th power

a regualr filament powered bulb uses halogen gas inside it

it is very innefficent and produces a lot of heat to make output of light ( canlde power)

you are now adding to it so the heat will now cause the insides to melt and the light assembly to be a big pice of scrap plastic

i have seen it many times over

where everyone wants a better bulb and brighter

but only create more problems

the high beam is always brighter as it is a 65w cuircit and the front of the bulb does not have a light deflector

you want brighter than a silverstar

then spend the money and get real hid's

other wise don't blind other motorists with exessive light and save your self a few bucks on a new headlight

when you say burn the light assmebly do you mean the whole inside of the light>?also its really not blinding any motorists because its not that much brighter then the silverstars but its just alot bluer and whiter.i drove for over 3 hours tonight with the lights on and it didnt get hot at all because i pulled over twice to check them and felt the insides and it wasnt that hot at all.i was going to spend the money and get hid but i really just wanted to get a little extra light and also want to buy another car so i wasnt sure what to do.but since you said you seen it so many times i think now i will just put the silverstars back in and forget about it because i dont need the headaches of burning up the light.

dame i just looked at the package from the 9005s i put in and they say there 100watt 4000k.i think i better get them out befoe my whole car lights on fire.lol.as allways thanks sk for your input!

HIDs run about 35w.

If you are looking for numbers, go back to the factory harness that you replaced with the harness for higher wattage. then look into PIAAs. For the money you paid for the bulb and harness you can get the PIAAs. They are rated at 55w but yield around 110w of brightness. The PIAA Xtreme Whites are rated at 4100k.

Play it safe, stick with the factory wiring, if not you gots to adjust your fuses, harness, and piece of mind.

sj.

that looks pretty bright and didnt have much blue in it for 5500k.maybe in the future i will get them for my es and just give them to my wife as a birthday gift or something.lol