Shift Knob For Is 300

PeteD

Just bought an '03 IS 300 (after waaaay too many years with an '89 Toyota truck) and want to replace the "chrome" shifter knob with a nicer leather one. Does anyone have experience? Any suggestions on a website to do some shopping?

-TIA

I've had Momo knobs on a couple of my previous cars and loved them. I should have an IS fairly soon and if it has the chrome knob, that will be gone before I get home. I'm guessing that being in the Palm Springs area where it is 110+ is not going to be a great combination with a metal shift knob. :) I'm thinking something like this our their Race Air style.

post-19057-1121126784_thumb.jpg

I've had Momo knobs on a couple of my previous cars and loved them.  I should have an IS fairly soon and if it has the chrome knob, that will be gone before I get home.  I'm guessing that being in the Palm Springs area where it is 110+ is not going to be a great combination with a metal shift knob.  :)  I'm thinking something like this our their Race Air style.

You have no idea how much I dislike my shift knob. I live in Hemet, and it can get pretty "warm" there as well. Going to throw the car in Drive and having your hand scortched off sucks! :pirate: lol!

I've had Momo knobs on a couple of my previous cars and loved them.  I should have an IS fairly soon and if it has the chrome knob, that will be gone before I get home.  I'm guessing that being in the Palm Springs area where it is 110+ is not going to be a great combination with a metal shift knob.  :)  I'm thinking something like this our their Race Air style.

You have no idea how much I dislike my shift knob. I live in Hemet, and it can get pretty "warm" there as well. Going to throw the car in Drive and having your hand scortched off sucks! :pirate: lol!

I think the round chrome ball is kinda cheezy looking too. The leather ones are nice.

Or maybe an eight ball?

8498_3X.jpg

:lol::lol: :D :D

Go for TRD Shortshifter. This knob is delivered with it:

bc_1_b.JPG

You can find this knob on ebay often. It replaces the chrome knob very well. I have it.

But the OEM knob IS CULT!!

Perhaps if you like and your chrome knob is unscratched we could swap....

Just bought an '03 IS 300 (after waaaay too many years with an '89 Toyota truck) and want to replace the "chrome" shifter knob with a nicer leather one. Does anyone have experience? Any suggestions on a website to do some shopping?

-TIA