Switch To Synthetic Oil But Normal Oil Filter

Hampton

My 95 LS400 need change oil and oil filter soon, I want to switch to synthetic oil, but here in Vancouver it is very hard to find synthetic oil filter, it seem only Fram has one, Can i use normal oil filter form lexus dealer or other brand like Bosch's oil filter? which brand oil filtr is better?

Any advice? Please

Thanks

First DIY job

Use the Toyota filter with any oil you so choose. I use Mobil 1 5W-30, and most people here do too. Any filter advertised as being specific to synthetic oil is just marketing hype.

You can also do a search on this topic, and you will find it has been discussed at length, if not ad nauseum, many times before.

Use the Toyota filter with any oil you so choose.  I use Mobil 1 5W-30, and most people here do too.  Any filter advertised as being specific to synthetic oil is just marketing hype.

You can also do a search on this topic, and you will find it has been discussed at length, if not ad nauseum, many times before.

Thanks, SRK

BTW, How long do you change your synthetic Mobil 1 oil? 6 months or 10km?

I go about 4000 to 5000 kilometres between changes. I don't use Mobil 1 for extended drain intervals, I use it for power and engine noise, and for cold start protection.

I go about 4000 to 5000 kilometres between changes.  I don't use Mobil 1 for extended drain intervals, I use it for power and engine noise, and for cold start protection.

Does synthetic help with a low oil pressure problem. Is it generally lighter oil the regular. I like Valvoline Synthetic Blend oil to alleviate engine noise. I use to use it when I drove my Ford Probe. It stopped the valve tapping that was a nuisance and just one of the many problems that came with a Ford.

Just asking because my screen diplays low oil pressure occasionally when I make a turn or stop at a red light without putting in neutral sometimes.

No, synthetic oil won't help a low oil pressure problem. LS400 V8's that have any tapping noise need a valve clearance adjustment to cure it. In fact, the owners manual of the LS400 specifies a valve clearance check every 60,000 miles. There are 32 valves that need their clearances checked. Search the archives for more details using "valve clearance" as your search words.

My 95 LS400 need change oil and oil filter soon, I want to switch to synthetic oil, but here in Vancouver it is very hard to find synthetic oil filter, it seem only Fram has one, Can i use normal oil filter form lexus dealer or other brand like Bosch's oil filter? which brand oil filtr is better?

Any advice? Please

Thanks

First DIY job

I am going to change oil on my 94 ls400...where is the oil filter located? i can't locate this thing...help would be apprecatied.

Thnx