98ls For Sale What Is Fair

eturner

I have been driving 60K plus miles a year so I bought a 98 LS400 to keep miles off my LS430. My work requirements are changing so my driving is slowing way down. I am going to sell my 98LS-it has 87K miles and is in excellent condition. The only thing wrong with it is when I bought it, it only came with the valet key-so I don't have the use of keyless entry. I can get an ECU unit from Lexus but didn't won't to go to the expense of having it installed since I was selling.

I know what Blue Book says-but what will be a fair price without keyless entry feature?

Retail = $19,400

Trade = $16,075

Loan = $14,625

It gave you $1,050 for mileage, and $500 for moonroof. If you've got Nak stereo then add $175 to retail.

Don't know how much it would cost to add remote key fob functionality. I'd ask dealer and deduct about 50% of that costs off of retail.

What do you see these cars going for in your area in the paper and autotrader.com? That'll give you a better idea of what market is willing to pay.

N.A.D.A. Official Used Car Guide

Vehicle Summary N.A.D.A. Values

7/1/2005

Region: Southeastern July, 2005 Stock #:

Vehicle Description: 1998 LEXUS VIN:

LS-V8

SED 4D LS400

MSRP: $52,900 Weight: 3,890

Mileage: 87,000

Retail Trade-In Loan

Base Value $17,850 $14,575 $13,125

Optional Equipment

Power Sunroof $500 $450 $450

Option Total $500 $450 $450

Mileage Adjustment $1,050 $1,050 $1,050

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total N.A.D.A. Official Used Car Guide Values

$19,400

$16,075

$14,625

Thanks for your informative reply:

The Lexus dealers are way above Blue Book for pre-owned Lexus in the Nashville area. But non Lexus dealers are always around the Blue Book value.

I just didn't know what non having the keyless entry would do to the selling price.

Lexus will supply a new ECU for free but we have to pay for installation and new keys.

Thanks for your informative reply:

The Lexus dealers are way above Blue Book for pre-owned Lexus in the Nashville area. But non Lexus dealers are always around the Blue Book value.

I just didn't know what non having the keyless entry would do to the selling price.

Lexus will supply a new ECU for free but we have to pay for installation and new keys.

Does it have HID's, wooden steering wheel, and gearshift?

Do you HAVE TO have it installed as a condition of getting the ecu, or will they just give it to you for you to do as you please? If they just give it to you, then go get it and offer it to the new buyer. It's better than nothing.

Do you HAVE TO have it installed as a condition of getting the ecu, or will they just give it to you for you to do as you please? If they just give it to you, then go get it and offer it to the new buyer. It's better than nothing.

Yeah, Lexus WOULD NEVER hand out an ECU just like that. I think its under thier good-well program, they pay for the ECU once per vahicle life time, but you have to pay for keys, and labor to install it. Which is great considering the ECU is over $1K.

I just bought my 98 LS400 for 11 000 with high milage but i am supposed to get the new keys from the previous ower shortly.

I just had new ecu (1 free per vehicle lifetime), 2 new keys installed and programmed at my local Lexus dealership for $850, hope this info helps.

I just bought my 98 LS400 for 11 000 with high milage but i am supposed to get the new keys from the previous ower shortly.

I just had new ecu (1 free per vehicle lifetime), 2 new keys installed and programmed at my local Lexus dealership for $850, hope this info helps.

so you mean i can take my 98ls which has the bad ecu that keeps flashing the code P0715 eery couple of months to any lexus dealer and get a new ecu? i could install it myself and just pay for the keys?