Replace Motor Mounts 93 Es

Want to know what is the best/easiest way to replace the motor mounts on my 93 es300 [ lower not the dogbone ] in my driveway. Any tricks or prefered methods? Any special tools ? Thanx in advance. :cheers:

Jack, and a wood block. Gentally jack up the engine under the oil pan so you can take one mount off at a time without the entire thing falling.

Your saying to put a hydraulic jack under the oilpan with a piece of wood between the jack and the pan ? Is this done with the car on jackstands? Thanx for the help. :cheers:

Hello,

you really don't know how to do it?

take it to mechanic, front mount replacement cost only 50-60 dollers.

Safety....first

What I understand from his statement is that you should raise your car (with a jack), find a wood piece to put under the engine, and then bring the car slowly down so the engine and wood piece touch and the wood is supporting the engine. Then, open the front engine mount and replace it.

Hope this helps.

DC however you do it is up to you. Wiggle under the car, jackstands, ramps, a lift. You just asked me how you change the mount LoL! :D

Thanx for the help, I will replace the mounts next week.

• 2 months later...
DC however you do it is up to you. Wiggle under the car, jackstands, ramps, a lift. You just asked me how you change the mount LoL! :D

OK, So it has been a long week. What are the torque specs on the lower front mount on a 93 ES300? One bolt for the engine mount and three for the frame mount. Thanx in advance :cheers:

OK, So it has been a long week. What are the torque specs on the lower front mount on a 93 ES300? One bolt for the engine mount and three for the frame mount. Thanx in advance :cheers:

I'm guessing about 70-80 ft. lbs. Does this sound right?

I'm guessing about 70-80 ft. lbs. Does this sound right?

Anybody?

Sorry.

IDK the spec. Haynes says "tighten securly" & I came home from a week of popa sitting yesterday to find everything adobe isn't working... (So no camry manual reading for me!)

I'd just wrench down on them, leave the undercover off & chekc them after a few days.

Sorry.

IDK the spec. Haynes says "tighten securly" & I came home from a week of popa sitting yesterday to find everything adobe isn't working... (So no camry manual reading for me!)

I'd just wrench down on them, leave the undercover off & chekc them after a few days.

Thanx a mint :cheers: