Shell V Power On Sale.

blake918

This is a new thing to me...a gasoline sale at my local Shell station. I don't get it. I'm sure it's a marketing ploy since the savings are not that much....about $1.30 per fill up for me.). You don't have to use one of thier credit cards either. Any of you guys have this at at the Shell stations in your area?

gallery_1461_122_1119498288.jpg

thats the high octone stuff isnt it?

100RON (but we have different RON's between UK and US).

Its available in Europe, but not the UK.

Strange its on sale - I'm expecting to see it in the UK at a premium price (which would probably make you guys throw up :D )

V Power is the high octane. ;) Around here V Power is 93 octane. At one Shell station in the middle of nowhere south Louisiana they have 94 octane. I start to get nauseous as V Power gets over $2.60. Luckily, it's only $2.20 now!

See that stuff all the time. It varies from station to station. Around here it is usuall all octanes that get the sale price.

On guy has Wacky Wednesdays, $0.06 off posted price.

The Mobil stations usually do theirs on Mondays to catcht the begining of the week fill ups. They usually run $0.06-0.07.

It makes the customer think they are getting a deal. It's marketing and whatever gets them in there.

steviej

I was driving around Newark yesterday, lost in the ghetto, and I saw all the big ballons at the Shell stations talking a V power.

Hey look at us, we have ballons and Super Shell V-power gas for only $2.37 a gallon. Wow, whup-T-do. Just a marketing ploy in my opinion.