Leather Problems

wow now that i just looked closer, i noticed some black smudges over the center rear pasengers seat bottom. What is this??? Ink??? wow maybe i will just have the WHOLE back seat re-done and put some towels over it...this is making me crazy!!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know what?  I would be reacting the same way as you.  All our cars here at home have leather.    Sometimes, ignorance is bliss... especially if you dont drive the vehicle.  :(

I honestly I don't get how some people can just let their cars get a mess like this. It makes me so mad lol

Do yourself a favor and just wash your hands of it LOL, fuss over the LS and let her do whatever she wants with hers.

I do love the LS. I hardly drive it; i want it keep it perfect. The poor Rx330 takes ALL my driving now. I have to say that the Rx330 is in perfect condition for 44,000 miles! nothing's gone wrong with it yet.

especially when they are expensive vehicles.

Ive seen worse around here where i live. There was a 01 plat edition ES300, with more pop cans and garbage thrown in the back than u can imagine. IT WAS A SAD site. Any lexus enthus would have cried at that site.

phew.  I dont think id drive that everyday either.  But you know what,

Id buy a SC and use that as a daily!!!

I really thought about getting an SC430 instead of the LS430..but i'm not a fan of the "smallness".

I like a limo-feel ride..especially for 3 hours a day; you need somthing comfortable.

Oh i really hate it when i hear people complaining that it takes them an hour to get to the beach....wow i feel like ******** < LOL

What kind of stuff is piled back there? lol   :blink:

:cheers:

Pretty much everything that belongs in a filing cabinet. Shes an attorney, and has a lot of papers etc. to lug around everywhere. Yet her office is so clean??? :lol: LOL

Also anything she needs to carry around obviously...Suits, jackets from the cleaners etc. The hook on the door is no longer attached don't know where it went. I found a few bottles of empty (thank god) soda cans and McDonald's cups (thank my daughter for that) and i also found $10 in change LOL... It's just a mess; i don't know how she can drive around in that car!!! Not like she cares; as long as it has 4 wheels, can accelerate faster than she can walk..it's "just" a car...$40,000 and it's just a car..makes me mad... :o

I think we can work out a deal that will make everyone happy.

I'll trade you my 2000 Chevy Cavalier for it. Since your wife only wants 4 wheels and an engine, she won't care. She WILL, however, be happy because you'll quit nagging her about the condition of her car.

Since you can't stand to see your beautiful Lexus abused, you'll be happy.

And you probably don't need me to tell you why I'd be happy.

See? Everyone wins.

What kind of stuff is piled back there? lol   :blink:

Pretty much everything that belongs in a filing cabinet. Shes an attorney, and has a lot of papers etc. to lug around everywhere. Yet her office is so clean??? :lol: LOL

Also anything she needs to carry around obviously...Suits, jackets from the cleaners etc. The hook on the door is no longer attached don't know where it went. I found a few bottles of empty (thank god) soda cans and McDonald's cups (thank my daughter for that) and i also found $10 in change LOL... It's just a mess; i don't know how she can drive around in that car!!! Not like she cares; as long as it has 4 wheels, can accelerate faster than she can walk..it's "just" a car...$40,000 and it's just a car..makes me mad... :o

I think we can work out a deal that will make everyone happy.

I'll trade you my 2000 Chevy Cavalier for it. Since your wife only wants 4 wheels and an engine, she won't care. She WILL, however, be happy because you'll quit nagging her about the condition of her car.

Since you can't stand to see your beautiful Lexus abused, you'll be happy.

And you probably don't need me to tell you why I'd be happy.

See? Everyone wins.

LOL nice try ;)

The only times i get to see water and sand is during "vacations."

if that!

But that will change, once i decide i want to go somewhere else for Med School.    Hopefully

I went to Providnece College and Boston College for pre-med. right here in Mass and Rhode Island.(1hour from the beautiful ocean)..Wonderful schools!! My son just graduated from the University of Miami in pre-med...he loved it...He's now going to BC; following in my footsteps LOL

though unrelated, i must ask...   You favorite car out of that list must be the AMG... am i wrong ?

The s600 is NOT my fvorite believe it or not.

I would have to go with the LS430. The s600 is just too much of a gas guzzler and isn't as comfortable. It gives more power, but that's not exactly what MB should be focusing on right now. The LS is just built so well, and it feels really solid. I feel safer in the LS than in any of my cars.

The 745Li is probably my second favorite.

Lexkid, Doesn't sound like any one answered your seat scratch question. There are several guys in our area that perform vinyl & leather repair. I had a scratch on a LS400 seat repaired it looked as good as new. They actually sand down the damaged area, fill it, sand it again & redye the area. The guy that does the work goes by the dealer once a week to repair CPO cars. Check with your dealer. It's quite popular these days. LOL

Damn. I'm rich, but not $1,000,000+ worth of car's rich. How do you find the time to drive all of those cars? i'd have a panic attack every day deciding which to drive; but in the end, what's the point? You can only drive 1 car at a time. :rolleyes:

Then again, i'm only 16. :geek:

BC huh? My high school is a main feeder school to Boston College. (Gonzaga College High School) www.gonzaga.org

Sorry, i have ADD- just recently diagnosed.

Hope your leather problems work out fine. I find that using cleaner that came with our leather couches is good for touch ups every now and then.