Emergency Brake, Batter, Airfilter Light Stays On

ToddLS400

The last few times I've driven my car I noticed that these lights stay on in my dash until I rev the car up or drive it. This is after the car has sit overnight or for a few days. The alternator was changed out last year so I know that's good. The lights don't dim and there doesn't seem to be low electrical power (i.e. dimming of lights, slow electric windows, etc.). After they go away everything seems normal. I can stop and start the car in the same day and they stay on for the first few seconds as normal. The car runs great and there seems to be no loss of acceleration or anything else. I wonder what's going on here? Any help?

BTW, I released my emergency brake. I may be dumb but....... Hehe ;)

*That would be "Battery", not Batter....

if you belive the alternator to be good

how about the battery

even though it is not used to run the car it can still drain an alt if it is defective

also try replacing soem of the wiring to the car form the battery

i did that last night asi am always having a low volt with my alternator

put a new batt and changed the starter + wire and body ground plus terminals

other than that you alt maybe bad again

I noticed the battery was bulging out on the sides a little when I bought this car a few months ago. It was near the end of it's warranty so I went to NAPA and took it back and paid the difference for a new battery. I pretty much paid for a new one. The battery is good. Maybe this is the wrong battery for the car? I replaced the same one the owner had in there. I know this car was in Guam for about 4 years. The previous owner was in the military.

I can't imagine the alternator going out again? I drove the car today and it didn't do it this time.

Doesn't the power steering fluid leak ontop of the alternator with these cars? I thought I read that somewhere? I need to check that I suppose...

Hey Todd, I know one time my battery light stayed on for a few minutes and those kinds of lights freak me out. I think it was because I had had the doors hood and trunk open for quite awhile. Perhaps it just shows a charge occuring? The alternator is under the PS pump so you have to watch it. The easist time to check it for leaks is when you are changing the oil. Since you have alreay removed the 13 bolts and the splash pan, it is pretty easy to see it.