I'm Back!

RFeldes

Hi Guys I am back after my "vacation" for two weeks by SWO3. To be frank, from experience, A 0% on your warning meter doesn't mean anything since I was bounced at 0%. I sent a E-mail to Admin, who never warned me, and got no response. It's like anything else in life, "Don't buck the system". Anyway, water under the bridge and my lesson learned is not to butt heads with SWO3. Take it for what it is worth. Here is my problem.. My Lexus used to run smooth as silk and now I notice a low key vibration when going down the road, subtle, but there. It seems to me that it could be a motor mount or tranny mount. Anyone experience this? 1990 with 93k miles. Good to be back to help and get help.

Hey man.. Do you know who to contact for the gold member stickers??? I'm now scared of emailing mgmt...

Maybe the front end issues that are common after 80k miles?? Allignment?? How strong is the shake..? What speeds? When you are on the engine? Brakes?

How is the tightness of the front end?

An aspiring way to re-join the membership RF :rolleyes:

Why don't you just try and post within the rules and stop trying to stir up trouble by butting heads with me at every turn? You're the one doing that, not me. If you continue to do it your next vacations going to be permenent. You could have come back and started off by asking your question and the whole matter would have been forgotten, but no you chose to stir this up all over again. Mention this matter again and you're gone for good, last warning.

ED- RF decided it was his responsibility to try and degrade me and keep my from posting my opinions in LOC threads and was being disruptive, he was warned to stop doing it once and then banned for two weeks. It WAS over and his ban was lifted and he's welcome back now but apparently he's not done whining.

akewl- Why would you be afraid of emailing management? As long as you're not breaking any rules or disrupting threads (and you never have) you have nothing to worry about. Do you need stickers or are you wanting to join the gold members? Drop me a PM ;)

As for your vibration RF I'd always start at the simplest solution. My guess is you've thrown a wheel weight somewhere and just need the wheels re-balanced.

Akewlguy, Don't be scared. Sometimes they don't have your address. Just check into the Gold section. As far as vibration, it's at all speeds and very subtle, nothing on the wheels or steering. just in the seat so to speak. In other words the LS is so smooth and when something is no quite right you can tune into it if you know what I mean. I had the transmission fluid changed a while ago , not a total flush, but they swore they replaced the 3 quarts with Dextron III but I am beginning to have my doubts. I guess a total flush and drain at Toyota would be my starting point since there is no local Lex dealer.

ED.. SWO3 is Management.

My guess is its a wheel weight, one of the rears. Very common on the LS.

Really, lets just drop the unpleasantness and get on with life.

akewl- He's right, either they dont have your address or Matt's backed up. It takes a while to get things out sometimes with him being in the UK, when did you join?

I thought the tranny only took 2 quarts? I only put in two and it seemed fine?

Steve, I am sorry about that. I knew you were mangement. I just couldnt put a "face" to that name : )

Thanks

RF: There is a tsb out about the differential mounting cushions "bushings" that deals with that drooning and vibration noise from the rear. That might be it. Easy way to see is have someone keep the brakes on, and put the car in gear while you look under there from the back. When I did this, I saw the driver's side mount was torn to pieces.

But I think steve might be right, if anything it's a cheaper place to start looking. When I did all those control arms and crap and had my wheel off the car, I took a pressure washer to the inside of the rims. I blew off so much dirt and grime that now my car vibrates like a Bourbon Street beauty queen, if you know what I mean. They're just that sensitive. A few tiny grams of dirt threw off the whole balance.

I had a weird vibration at various times, and I could make it stop by slipping the trans into neutral, while rolling along at 40 - 70 mph. I did a transmission flush and filter change, and put in toyota type - T. No more vibrations, and shifts smoother, too. For a complete flush, you need 7 quarts.

Like others have said, the filter is just a fine-mesh screen, and probably doesn't need to be replaced. When the pump stops, the debris probably falls to the pan.

I think the fluid is key to performance, and type -T is not that expensive.

Hello.. I became a gold member about 20+ days ago.. I just never heard anything so I was curious.. Sent a few emails with no replies so I got aggrivated.. I am glad you let me know that guy is in UK so no worries.. Cheers

Hello.. I became a gold member about 20+ days ago.. I just never heard anything so I was curious.. Sent a few emails with no replies so I got aggrivated.. I am glad you let me know that guy is in UK so no worries.. Cheers

I just got my stickers this week. I think I signed up in April. You have to have your mailing address in your profile so Matthew can pick it up and send the stuff. Nobody can see the address but the admins.